Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Schott NYC Cowhide Leather Jacket?

dwrg

New in Town
Hey Folks!

I recently located and purchased this jacket on ebay and wanted to see if anyone on can help identify the era, model, and original retail price on this Schott NYC cowhide leather jacket. I checked all pockets and I'm only able to locate the Schott NYC tag on the inside lining back and the tag stating it's genuine cowhide leather shell, with a wool blend body lining, and nylon fiberfill / polyester . It is a very heavy and very warm jacket with nice stiff cowhide leather - and fits like a glove!
I'm attaching photos of the front, back, inside, and all of the tags that I could locate.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
DW

Attachments

• Schott NYC Front 20240921_144636.jpg
    Schott NYC Front 20240921_144636.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
  • Schott NYC Front open 20240921_145308.jpg
    Schott NYC Front open 20240921_145308.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 29
  • Schott NYC Back 20240921_144723.jpg
    Schott NYC Back 20240921_144723.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 26
  • Schott NYC 20240921_142313.jpg
    Schott NYC 20240921_142313.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 23
  • Schott NYC 20240921_142336.jpg
    Schott NYC 20240921_142336.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:

MissMittens

One Too Many
Hey Folks!

I recently located and purchase this jacket on ebay and wanted to see if anyone on can help identify the era, model, and original retail price on this Schott NYC cowhide leather jacket. I checked all pockets and I'm only able to locate the Schott NYC tag on the inside lining back and the tag stating it's genuine cowhide leather shell, with a wool blend body lining, and nylon fiberfill / polyester . It is a very heavy and very warm jacket with nice stiff cowhide leather - and fits like a glove!
I'm attaching photos of the front, back, inside, and all of the tags that I could locate.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
DW
The Schott label places it in the 1990's. Model/price I can't help you with though

Manolito

Familiar Face
The inside tag, the inside pockets (especialy the "Zippo" one) and the absence of the "made in USA" tag make me think that it is a european licensed Schott jacket, typicaly made in Asia and of inferior quality compared to the real USA line. On the second hand market in France (where they were mostly distributed), they can be found for around 100/200 €. These cowhide models are still better (more substancial, better fit) than the european Schott lamb ones that can also be found in large amounts on the european second hand market.

Last edited:
@Manolito is right, it's a Schott licensed jacket for the European market.

It's an older jacket too, from when Schott had absolutely no involvement with the production of these. They even clumsily admitted to not even knowing what was being sold under their license.

The market is extremely saturated with these and the sooner you get rid it, the better. General public is slowly picking up on the difference between the USA made Schott jackets and these licensed ones which reflects in the second hand pricing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe