Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Trying to keep it original as much as possible .
BTW are you now at your permanent duty station ?

All the Best, Fashion Frank

I look forward to seeing it when all finished up! Coming together quite nicely! I really want to get a 28-32 two door sedan. Have to finish my '72 first ;)
Yes I am, and getting ready to leave it to head overseas in a short while.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Comes nowhere near Frank's beauty, but here's mine again. Swapped the old edelbrock for a Holley 750. The 455 really opens up now, with no choking issues. Definitely worth the smiles per gallon.

ehatyreg.jpg

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
Thought I would share a few shots of the car to show you all how it is coming along.
Detailed the hell out of it and it keeps getting better and better.
Took it to church today what an uproar in the parking lot ,I had a hard time getting out of there as everybody was all over me about it.

Drivers side, inside shot.

Just replaced all the rubber pads on the foot controls and repainted the clutch ,brake floor bracket and new felt pad underneath that.

Also installed a rear window shade . I always thought it was for privacy but was informed it was for night time driving as all of the windows are flat and light reflects all over the place from headlights coming in thru the rear window so you use the shade for night driving .

Just a few shots of the car over all .

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

What a pippin!

rjb1

Practically Family
It's interesting that you younger guys are referring to a type of carburetor as an "Edelbrock". I could be ambitious and look it up, but I'll be lazy and ask if the type you are referring to as an Edelbrock is what we of the older hot-rod era would call a Carter AFB?

It's interesting that you younger guys are referring to a type of carburetor as an "Edelbrock". I could be ambitious and look it up, but I'll be lazy and ask if the type you are referring to as an Edelbrock is what we of the older hot-rod era would call a Carter AFB?

Edelbrock is a brand name. Very similar to the Carter AFB. I am not a fan of Carter carbs, either. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82