Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

rjb1

Practically Family
Speaking of WCFB carbs, I once had a dual WCFB setup with factory aluminum intake for the 1957 Corvette (270 HP). I traded it for something - I can't even remember for what - but it would now be worth a fortune (almost) if I still had it.

rjb1

Practically Family
Way back when, they weren't worth what things like that are worth now. I really don't remember what it was I traded for, but I know I wish I had the 2x4 setup back and could sell them at today's prices.
The same could be said (with emphasis) about a lot of the cars and parts I have gone through over the years.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Way back when, they weren't worth what things like that are worth now. I really don't remember what it was I traded for, but I know I wish I had the 2x4 setup back and could sell them at today's prices.
The same could be said (with emphasis) about a lot of the cars and parts I have gone through over the years.

I know what you mean! When i finally got around to buying a car when I was 21, I had a choice between a 57 T Bird, 62 Vett, or a 240Z. I picked the Z because it was $500 cheaper then the other two. $500 was a lot of difference back then! Wish I had one of each now.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I would steal to get away from driving rice. :p

In the long run. it worked out just right. The Z was fun to drive and as I learned, any monkey can work on a V8, it takes a real mechanic to work on those straight 6s! Served me well on the WWII iron.

rjb1

Practically Family
Terminology check: Around here small block Chevy V-8's are called "Mouse Motors" and bib-block V-8's are called "Rat Motors".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82