Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This or That

White, especially post-1939.

Howard Scott or Dr. Francis Townsend?

Speaking of the House of David, long-time Red Sox third base coach Eddie Popowski played for them in the mid-1930s, and was too young to grow a beard. But he did learn their ball-handling routines, and made free use of them in his famous "Popowski Flip."

^^^ Great announcing - how much does he make you wish you had seen the behind-the-back catch?

Back to Vitanola's (since I'm not getting the reference - no surprise, I rarely do):

"Life" or "Judge"?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
That's a tough choice on merit, but I've got to give it to the Little Flower on the force of personality. Anyone who can run a city, ride fire engines, and personally conduct the Sanitation Department Band on radio -- all in one day -- is my kind of mayor.

Charles H. Ebbets or Charles A. Stoneham?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
That's a tough choice on merit, but I've got to give it to the Little Flower on the force of personality. Anyone who can run a city, ride fire engines, and personally conduct the Sanitation Department Band on radio -- all in one day -- is my kind of mayor.

Charles H. Ebbets or Charles A. Stoneham?

Ebbets & “Dem Bums”--may they come back for your sake!

But don’t hold yer breath !;)

Gas/electric or manual push lawnmowers...:confused:

Last edited:

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Pitts & Todd

R. Atkinson Fox or Maxfield Parrish?

Maxfield.

If your best friend baked you a cake & you thought
it tasted very bad that you could hardly eat it...

Would you lie, keep quiet & eat it or tell your friend the truth?
2vmslzc.jpg

Remember --“You can’t have your cake & eat it” (too) :(

Last edited:
My truly best friend - tell the truth, with sensitivity - we have that sincere a relationship. I'd hate not to have that real a relationship with my best friend.

Since you brought up baking, if you wanted custard and chocolate in one dessert, would you go:

Eclair or Boston Cream Pie?

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
My truly best friend - tell the truth, with sensitivity - we have that sincere a relationship. I'd hate not to have that real a relationship with my best friend.

Since you brought up baking, if you wanted custard and chocolate in one dessert, would you go:

Eclair or Boston Cream Pie?

To tell the truth -- I would rather have a slice of New York City pizza & I’m not kidding ! :cool:

But will go with Boston Cream Pie because I’ve already tasted Eclairs.

Home-made corn bread --

With sugar or salt? (as an ingredient)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust