Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinking about a work of Art

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
And you are supposed to keep the color samples for future reference, I sent mine back with the conformer.:eusa_doh: Good thing I know what I want next!:D

Yep, I kept mine. Though having that many options just makes deciding that much harder.[huh]

MDphoto

One of the Regulars
handlebar bart said:
Art sends out felt samples with the conformer when you begin the order process. He has quite the selection of colors.

Ah, thank you. I thought I lost my mind....again.

mike

Call Me a Cab
I too am excited about the options in working with Art.

I'm up for a great job that I'm expecting to hear back from... any... day.... now. Once it's a done deal, I've got a few plans, I'm looking for something late 20's/early 30's looking. I'm considering the 28 reunion hat Art made for Big Man. I'm still looking for some good photo references as worn by Douglas Fairbanks Jr & Lee Tracy and the like, really reminiscent of the early 30's pre code film era. I'd like to go for a reverse taper, anyone else tried this?

I'm also not completely sure what to go with color-wise. I'm color blind and so need a bit of help confirming what shades go well with what. I've got a Gus Miller Bogart gray fedora which I love but am excited about the level of quality Art can offer and would like something that goes well with my brown suits. Definitely something light shaded with a contrasting thick dark ribbon.

here's a couple of visual references I was thinking about...
WillRogersatSmithFieldJune1928.jpg

AuctionphotosApil022.jpg
mb17ea.jpg
Ht2.jpg

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mike said:
... I'm considering the 28 reunion hat Art made for Big Man ...

I can't stress enough how pleased I am with this hat. While there are very, very few hats around in the general public today, the "uniqueness" of this style has quickly become a trademark of sorts for me. After getting my "1928 Reunion" hat from Art, with very few exceptions, I don't think I could wear any other hat.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Big Man said:
I can't stress enough how pleased I am with this hat. While there are very, very few hats around in the general public today, the "uniqueness" of this style has quickly become a trademark of sorts for me. After getting my "1928 Reunion" hat from Art, with very few exceptions, I don't think I could wear any other hat.

I certainly agree! I'd like to back up though if I may, and ask - may I entertain the thought of having a copy of your grandfathers hat? :)

Big Man

mike said:
I certainly agree! I'd like to back up though if I may, and ask - may I entertain the thought of having a copy of your grandfathers hat? :)

You certainly do not need my permission, but thank you for asking. I'd love to see more hats of that style making an appearance again.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Big Man said:
You certainly do not need my permission, but thank you for asking. I'd love to see more hats of that style making an appearance again.

Thanks! As it was a work designed off of a personal connection, I thought it was in good form to ask first. I haven't started off the process yet apart from dreaming :p but hopefully very soon!

Plus my dad is going to be mad as hell at me if I get only one for myself and not start the process off for him too. So many options! :eusa_doh:

AlanC

Magus said:
After years of casual conversations with Art I finalized an order.

That's how he lures you in. You think you're just shootin' the breeze and the next thing you know you're wearing a hat! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld