Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ultimate A-1?

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
I 'settled' for lesser jackets until buying my RMC jacket and have not looked back since. Now, the other brands you mentioned are amazing. However, if the RMC is EXACTLY what you want and really just feels right while wearing it, then it is absolutely worth it! Ultimately, we cannot see in your mind and figure out just how much you love that jacket. If you can find it cheaper in Japan however, I would go that route. That's what I did.

Dude, would love to see some pics?

devilish

A-List Customer
As far as I know, it's the only one in that exact leather. John was trying a washing technique where he put the hide through the washing machine (and maybe even a slight tumble dry?) Then he made the jacket from it after. The result is kind of a reverse wearing in. The grain actually goes smooth in places rather than becoming more pronounced.
Sloan, I'm with you on the blue and olive A-1, that's an RMC leather I did lust after.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Gratuitous fit pic.
image_zpsubxesept.jpeg

Where is that? The French countryside? GORGEOUS.

A-1

One Too Many
What's your size? And are you in EU?
On eBay Germany there is a size 40 for 750 €. On van-afferden.de there is a size 44 for 1200€.
If I hadn't the DD Buco J-21 in the making I'd be all over the 44.
Just sayin'.

Mark

Practically Family
I have a Bill Kelso A1 in seal capeskin. Lovely, comfy jacket to wear. The capeskin BK use has a very nice grain to it and soft/velvety touch to it. I love it.

devilish

A-List Customer
From what I understand Eastman are the only company that has an original to copy. JC has, I believe handled it but not been able to copy it. His A-1 is based on a SAT A-2 pattern, I think. So on that basis it's a good bet that Eastman's is going to be very good indeed.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here you go!

Dude, I love your RMC A-2 and I think the world of you. Thus, as a friend, I have a small request. Can you please not embed multi-MB photos into your posts. The huge files render the page almost unusable. Almost all photo manipulation/management software allow you to reduce the file size of a photo (you can also reduce the dimensions of the photos). IMHO, you should keep your photos around 200k each, as opposed to the multiple 4MB photos in your prior post.

Again, I say this as a friend who loves your RMC jacket and would love to see more photos of it so long as the files sizes are more manageable.

Thanks.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Dude, I love your RMC A-2 and I think the world of you. Thus, as a friend, I have a small request. Can you please not embed multi-MB photos into your posts. The huge files render the page almost unusable. Almost all photo manipulation/management software allow you to reduce the file size of a photo (you can also reduce the dimensions of the photos). IMHO, you should keep your photos around 200k each, as opposed to the multiple 4MB photos in your prior post.

Again, I say this as a friend who loves your RMC jacket and would love to see more photos of it so long as the files sizes are more manageable.

Thanks.
No problem I know they are too big. I'll remove them and figure out how to fix this :)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
SJ, this is the one right?
http://realmccoysnyc.com/products/type-a-1-seal-brown-mj13001-050?variant=1066817579

$2200. Tough number to look at, but that's really only two Aeros, etc. So even if the selling price isn't justified, maybe you can justify it in your head somehow. If it's the one you truly want, I say go for it. But if you think you can live without eternal regret, the other options are more fairly priced. I'm sure you can find a dark seal/olive knit combo from other makers. But that RMC gets me too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld