Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

MissHannah

One Too Many
I DO hope this fabulous angora sweater went to one of our lovely FL ladies - it's a doozy - but $88 was just way more than I could swallow!

0910_1_b.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
That's so pretty I could cry. I want to try altering the neck line of one of my non vintage sweaters. I have been toying with the idea for years. I have two off white angora sweaters so I think I can spare one to experiment on.

jayem

A-List Customer
purse.jpg

That gem! It was vintage, but kept in a box in a warehouse for almost 50 years... so it was almost like brand new. Pesky last minute bidders...

Meggan_Lane

Familiar Face
Maybe they will repost it in ebay and they will be my size! That is always a bummer though usually the vintage shoes on ebay are way too small for me:(

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
LadyStardust said:
This was my favorite. It is, I think, the perfect knit set, and THE quintessential winter outfit. With "snowflake" accents, how could ANYONE resist it? Alas, at 89.99$, not just anyone could afford it. :(
97929204_o.jpg

I was watching that set too, I forgot to bid! :(

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
That's what sniping programs are for. I highly recommend using one, Esnipe for example.

Yeah, I should have knew it was too good to be true. I was watching it for a week and there were no other bids on it before I went to bed, 1hr before the end.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
Fifties*Freak said:
I was so sad to lose out on these. The shoes I forgot to bid on but the others I was outbid. :(
SA11.jpg

Sorry, that was me! :eek: I know the description said 1930s but from the way the skirt is cut (wiggle) I'm guessing it's not, however I am no expert. I love the sailor collar and red buttons.

I couldn't believe these jeans went for over $200! They are 40s deadstock and had cute horseshoe patterns on the pockets but I was not prepared to spend that much on them.

40sJeans1.jpg

40sJeans2.jpg

Also lost out on this 40s gabardine jacket. I put in my watch list and literally 2 minutes later it was sold (BIN). That'll teach me to hesitate! lol

40sGabardineJacket.jpg

The colour, the sleeves and buttons are just gorgeous.

40sbluesweater.jpg

40s coral sweater which sold for over $80

40sCoralSweater.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
jayem said:
purse.jpg

That gem! It was vintage, but kept in a box in a warehouse for almost 50 years... so it was almost like brand new. Pesky last minute bidders...

KILLER bag. You just cannot go wrong with a good lipstick red vintage handbag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld