Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

December

One of the Regulars
Kate O Potato said:
I've just been outbid on a lovely Swirl by 66 pence! I'm gutted I didn't make my maximum bid that tiny bit higher :(

But you never know how high their maximum was- they might have set theirs at £10 more than yours, and you'd still be outbid.

I don't know if that helps, but maybe it makes it a little less painful to think like that.

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
You're entirely right, that makes me feel a bit better.
By the looks of it, a vintage seller bought it. Which means it'll be sold on at a mark up rather than coming to my loving home. SOB.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
So many dresses, so little money [huh]

too small:
ga_1273264679.jpg

too expensive:
M036_Black_Pink.jpg=450

M036_Black_Pink_(1).jpg=450

too small AND too expensive. God I love this dress!
!Bt!+4KQ!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-DcEvFItns1VBL6KoQ7uzg~~_12.JPG

too big and too expensive. Vintage Fruit of the Loom!
purpstars.JPG

Was outbid on this Swirl-type back wrap dress. I'm totally in love with this one. Those pockets! That color! *swoon*
!BtEiZIwEWk~$(KGrHqIOKkIEvOEh1-4hBL6,fEeoyg~~_3.JPG

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
Those are awesome!~ We are just going to have to start drafting patterns for these so we can own copies of the ones that got away!
KittyT said:
So many dresses, so little money [huh]

too small:
ga_1273264679.jpg

too expensive:
M036_Black_Pink.jpg=450

M036_Black_Pink_(1).jpg=450

too small AND too expensive. God I love this dress!
!Bt!+4KQ!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-DcEvFItns1VBL6KoQ7uzg~~_12.JPG

too big and too expensive. Vintage Fruit of the Loom!
purpstars.JPG

Was outbid on this Swirl-type back wrap dress. I'm totally in love with this one. Those pockets! That color! *swoon*
!BtEiZIwEWk~$(KGrHqIOKkIEvOEh1-4hBL6,fEeoyg~~_3.JPG

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Puzzicato said:
I am so pleased you said that! I thought they were maraccas too.

Couldn't one use maracas as a darning egg? Also, have you checked Etsy LadyD? I just saw a whole page of them up there.

JenBond

New in Town
I found a brand new corset yesterday on clearance for $27, put it in my cart and my computer crashed, now when I go back it is no longer available. There was only one and it happened to be in my size, darn it to heck.:mad:

Seamsdistress

New in Town
so long, sarong!

Hi Gals!
Just when I thought I was whinning and feel bad all alone over a lost ebay auction I found this thread! It feels great to know I'm not the only one who feels bad when you lose an auction. I just lost this little beauty 6 seconds before it ended, gosh I wanted to cry when I saw the " you have been outbidded " come up. Oh well, if by chance anyone on here has a copy and wants to trade/sell me one let me know!

Simplicity1168.jpg

JenBond

New in Town
Lily Powers said:
Contact the seller/site and see if your purchase is in some sort of virtual holding zone. Even though the corset was in your cart when your computer crashed, the garment might still be in your cart for a short time. Worth a try, anyway. :)

I tried, they said it had already sold. I was hopeful that it has somehow gotten stuck in a que, but no- phooey

December

One of the Regulars
Seamsdistress said:
Hi Gals!
Just when I thought I was whinning and feel bad all alone over a lost ebay auction I found this thread! It feels great to know I'm not the only one who feels bad when you lose an auction. I just lost this little beauty 6 seconds before it ended, gosh I wanted to cry when I saw the " you have been outbidded " come up. Oh well, if by chance anyone on here has a copy and wants to trade/sell me one let me know!

Simplicity1168.jpg

I was watching that too. I was going to bid on it but couldn't justify the price it eventually went for.

D

Deleted member 12480

yup got my highest bid in there. darn i hate being a kid/poor. haha.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
deleteduser said:
yup got my highest bid in there. darn i hate being a kid/poor. haha.

Don't put your bid in early! It makes it much more likely you'll be outbid. Either bid at the last minute or, better yet, use a sniping service like esnipe.

Good luck in your searches!

D

Deleted member 12480

i know i went the wrong way about it. I expected to still be in school when it ended so i just put my absolute maximum bid in and hope for the best.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
deleteduser said:
i know i went the wrong way about it. I expected to still be in school when it ended so i just put my absolute maximum bid in and hope for the best.

If you use a sniping service, you won't have to be in front of your computer and your bid will go in automatically at the last minute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe