Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The ones that got away

Jenniferose7

One of the Regulars
I have been dying for a vintage sarong dress pattern. This baby was part of a 6 pattern lot. The rest of the patterns were quite bland so I was basically stalking the auction just for Simplicity 1168. The winning bid was $56 and I just couldn't rationalize getting into a bidding war and paying upwards of God knows how much for essentially one pattern. *Sigh*

I shall continue the hunt...

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Oh, I love this.
That's a bummer. Probably went to a film costume designer or something.

Lady Day said:
Picture19.png

Red Cross uniform. $27, which isnt bad at all, I just was on the fence about bidding.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Sorry, Cici.

Picture16.png

500+ page catalog from a Chicago mail order company, 1941. I mainly wanted it because its not a Sears or Wards, but I have a lot of Sears' and Wards'...:eek:

$38, my highest was $37. I dont think Ill loose any sleep.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture5.png

Seriously, this is the 4th time Ive seen this apron come up in varying conditions in 4 months and each time its gone for $50+ :eusa_doh:

There must be a free $20 bill in the envelope or something lol

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
deleteduser said:
how frustrating!!

Im just kind of just watching them for sport now. I dont care for the curved waist line of the front, that looks strange. But obviously this isnt as rare a pattern as the price demonstrates. 4 in less than half a year!? Whatever!

LD

goldwyn girl

One Too Many
Jenniferose7 said:
I have been dying for a vintage sarong dress pattern. This baby was part of a 6 pattern lot. The rest of the patterns were quite bland so I was basically stalking the auction just for Simplicity 1168. The winning bid was $56 and I just couldn't rationalize getting into a bidding war and paying upwards of God knows how much for essentially one pattern. *Sigh*

I shall continue the hunt...
Sorry to hear you missed out on the pattern it's a beauty !!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
...and then somebody snatched this 40s red and green pretty little shirt right from under my nose, while i was waiting to get paid for an item i sold in order to be able "buy it now"...:( i loved that little blouse and should have been mine...:cry: :cry: :cry:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture5-1.png

$19
Not bad but I couldn't afford it. I thought it was interesting, and its a 48 bust!
Oh, I gotta get some money :(

Also I was just watching this one. It ended up going for a bit less than $38. Ill never get the wrap dress obsession. [huh]

Picture6-1.png

LD

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Lady Day said:

this dress is just like THE dress that has its own thread here, only the wrap is in reverse!

Ill never get the wrap dress obsession. [huh]

It's quite simple really... no pesky zippers!

I love wrap around dresses - they always fit no matter how my weight fluctuates. They're just so forgiving!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ooh! that jumper sportswear pattern! I've seen it a few times, and always thought it was cute. Bummer.
That blouse!! :eek: Saved a pic of that- that's AMAZING.
:( So sad, those are so nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe