Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Its Fair time!!!

Fair day, Morrisville, Vermont, 1936
Carl+Mydans+-+Fair+day%252C+Morrisville%252C+Vermont%252C+1936.jpg

If my maternal grandparents were still alive, I bet they would know the folks in this photo as they lived in Morrisville. Going to send it to my mom to see if she recognizes any one.

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Hey Moe, did they know the Millers? I used to truck cattle in and out of their place in the early to mid seventies. It was a wild time.

In Morrisville? I will have to check, my Grandfather was a farmer so chances are they do know them. His name was John Fowler

buler

I'll Lock Up
General Venustiano Carranza, 1913. I love the detail on his hat in the pic. You can almost feel the felt.

attachment.php

Attachments

• general_venustiano_carranza_1913.JPG
    general_venustiano_carranza_1913.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 343

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
~Charlie the Horse Doctor~

~Charlie the Horse Doctor~
Attached paper reads: "Charley the Vet, from Kansas, astride a roan horse in front of big barn. He gave final examination on all broncs broke on Boston Ranch before they went to the Boer War." Title inked on back of mat board with: "(vet's) home was in Kansas, I was ropen horses one day for Charley to Doctor (he was a vet - horse Dr.) was ropen the horses for him, and as I threw the larriatt & caught the horse, Charley got between the fence and band of horses. He got his collar boan broke & 3 or 4 ribs caved in. I put him on my horse and took him to the bunk house. We sent him to Pueblo to the hospital & as soon as he recovered he came back to the outfit, but went home & that is the last I know of him." and "I had other pictures but can't find them."
Source: Lamont Johnson, 1638 Franklin, Denver, Colo. DPL

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Hey Moe, did they know the Millers? I used to truck cattle in and out of their place in the early to mid seventies. It was a wild time.

Sounds like you used to deliver to CC Miller, his sons were Brent and Sonny - lived on Congress Street in Morrisville - big white mansion looking house. Guess he was a cattle dealer. My Mom used to hang out with his sons.

Small world!!

buler

I'll Lock Up
Police, 1910. Always more menacing when riding up on a donkey....

attachment.php

Attachments

• donkey_police_circa_1910.JPG
    donkey_police_circa_1910.JPG
    199.6 KB · Views: 377

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld