Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
cobbler.jpg

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
~ Harry Mellon Rhoads,, 1880 or 81-1975.~

A young photographer Harry Rhoads sits on a rock in a suit and pith helmet; he holds binoculars and a double barreled shotgun; a pistol is in his jacket pocket, Colorado. c.1910
1-13-2015.jpg

frussell

One Too Many
Love that shoeing photo, looks like something William Matthews would have painted in modern times. One of the hardest parts of being a cowboy as well, absolutely back-breaking labor, unless you're a very short, wide cowboy. Always killed my back after doing it a few hours. Keep them coming, boys.

Love that shoeing photo, looks like something William Matthews would have painted in modern times. One of the hardest parts of being a cowboy as well, absolutely back-breaking labor, unless you're a very short, wide cowboy. Always killed my back after doing it a few hours. Keep them coming, boys.

Been using the same farrier for over 20 years. He was 18 or 19 when I first used him & now he's over 40.
I'm constantly amazed at how he stoops to ply his skills still. Makes my lower back hurt watching him.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Gielgud dons a velour

It appears one of our greatest thespians was also a velourciraptor

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
In honor of #NationalHatDay, here's future First Lady Bess Wallace Truman as a young

attachment.php

Text and image: Bess Wallace and Mary Paxton, 1901, from the Harry S. Truman Library & Museum

1-15-2015.jpg

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
One imagines Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe tailing somebody on a case. Perhaps he's the one in the raincoat to the left of center, standing between the two light-colored coupes that are headed in opposite directions; or the dark-suited gent at far left under the awning with the light mid-ribboned hat, watching the traffic snarl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82