Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Non Shorpy Web All Stars.

tumblr_n4s5hixRTb1rvrws9o1_1280.jpg

That would make a lot of guitar tops.

Soldiers in the forest. During WWI the US Army took basically took over the timber industry in the Pacific Northwest. The spruce trees were the best wood to make airplanes during the era. It was strong, light and most importantly, it didn't splinter when hit by bullets. I have done extensive writing and research on the Spruce Production Division during WWI. And also, the Army formed a Union for the timber workers, the only time in history where the government sponsored a union. I'm a geek...

Andy Gott’s Playful Celebrity Portraits show goofy side
View attachment 90561
Does thinking goofy count?
Somehow, I'm thinking Clint didn't understand the concept. :D

Soldiers in the forest. During WWI the US Army took basically took over the timber industry in the Pacific Northwest. The spruce trees were the best wood to make airplanes during the era. It was strong, light and most importantly, it didn't splinter when hit by bullets. I have done extensive writing and research on the Spruce Production Division during WWI. And also, the Army formed a Union for the timber workers, the only time in history where the government sponsored a union. I'm a geek...
Geek or not, it's fragments of history like this that make these photos that much more interesting (to me, anyway). Without that context, it's just two guys and a tree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken