Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The man with 100 hats...

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WOW!!

Jeff, that is Really fantastic. I feel a little embarrassed that my expression changes so little. Were the hats taken only from this thread? You have some real skill man. I gotta get another pose. I guess I do it that way so the hat becomes the focus and not my mug.

The morph is really cool. I couldn't help but crack a smile. I feel honored to be useful as your subject. Very cool and a bit scary.

Thanks Jeff:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jeff

One of the Regulars
DOUGLAS said:
Jeff, that is Really fantastic. I feel a little embarrassed that my expression changes so little. Were the hats taken only from this thread? You have some real skill man. I gotta get another pose. I guess I do it that way so the hat becomes the focus and not my mug.

The morph is really cool. I couldn't help but crack a smile. I feel honored to be useful as your subject. Very cool and a bit scary.

Thanks Jeff:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks Douglas :). I was worried that this might be embarassing, so thank you so much for taking it so well. It really is meant as a "tip of my hat" to you, absolutely not to make fun of your expression. In fact it was your consistency that made me think "hmm.. this might be interesting to try".

The pictures were indeed only taken from the "What are you wearing today" thread. At first I was going to search for everything you've posted, but when I got above 60 I knew that was plenty.

The other thing I think would be interesting would be to piece them together in chronological order once your beard is done - a time lapse of your beard growth.

I guess I do it that way so the hat becomes the focus and not my mug.

I don't think you should worry about that at all -- hats go beautifully with your face, they both compliment each other. We all love seeing what you've put together as "the whole package" - how the suites, ties, hats, all fit with "you". So I say take pictures that make you feel comfortable.

Thank you again for allowing me to have fun with your hat collection!

jeff

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
jeff said:
I don't think you should worry about that at all -- hats go beautifully with your face, they both compliment each other. We all love seeing what you've put together as "the whole package" - how the suites, ties, hats, all fit with "you".

Exactly! Very well put, Jeff!

By the way, I like a. Your look in your avatar-to me that photo is almost timeless, and the combination suits you perfectly; and b. that clock in your photos of your hat.

Cheers,
Tom

jeff

One of the Regulars
Tango Yankee said:
Exactly! Very well put, Jeff!

By the way, I like a. Your look in your avatar-to me that photo is almost timeless, and the combination suits you perfectly; and b. that clock in your photos of your hat.

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks Tom! I really do need to take some more pictures of myself in more hats and post them.

About the clock: would be you believe it's a modern clock radio?

http://www.alarmclocksonline.com/BigBen80192.htm

I found it while looking for a Moonbeam reproduction for my wife, and just had to have it :).

DOUGLAS

Baron Kurtz said:
lol he he he lol . . . it reminds me of a very similar thing someone did with Paris Hilton's pose/facial expression.

DOUGLAS looks much better.

bk

I appriciate that BK:p

Thanks again Jeff for all the effort and creativity. I took it only as intended and I am thankful for the great comliment you have payed me. It is a bit disconcerning that I have only one look though.;) I will try to get a picture of my beard growth using the same location and position.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
As a vendor, I wish that there were more people like Douglas that realy appriciate wearing hats. I have a few customers from the lounge that buy quite a few hats , but I think Douglas is in another category .
Just how many hats does he have?

Steven:eek:

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Beautiful job Jeff, this really elevates Douglas's collector status to the near iconic...as it should be!!

Besdor, there are certain questions that shouldn't be asked...like asking a Lady her age...just simply a no no :D

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
That is a fantastic homage to Douglas and his hats. Good job!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

From what Douglas has said in the past it sounds like he has enough hats to create a museum of a large variety. Ranging from Fedoras & caps to Military head wear. And, if memory serves me correctly he had mentioned something about a storage unit full to the brim (no pun intended). But I could be wrong about that since my memory is only good for useless trivia. I think it was mentions in the military hat thread or the thread that showcased his green Borsalino. Like I said I could be wrong.
In any case Douglas, you have a very impressive collection to be coveted, and a wardrobe to be envied. Thank you for sharing so much of it.:eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

DOUGLAS

besdor Just how many hats does he have Steven:o[/QUOTE said:
Sorry, Steven but that is a trade secret:) I think I would be scared if I knew the answer. I do have a lot but only 100 or so are fedoras.

Scion, My storage doesn't look like much. It houses four or five trunks of clothing,coats and uniforms some camping equipment and art and of course military hats and helmets, western and cowboy and fedoras.

I will be letting go of many cowboy hats and military hats, uniforms and clothing soon as I need to make room so I can organize and categorize my stuff. Once I do that I will post the collection according to brand and type.

retrofashion

One of the Regulars
jeff said:
Indeed, that's a charcoal Adventurebilt. I've played with the bash quite a bit over the 2 1/2 years I've had it...

adventurebilt-c2.jpg

adventurebilt-c1.jpg

Great looking hat and fits you really, really well. Is the AB the end all Indy hat? I have also heard the Federations and others look pretty Indish. I like the high crown of you hat a lot! But the AB is a bit out of my budget range now.
Nice hat!

DOUGLAS

:eek:fftopic:

After seeing all the hats people have been posting I've been wondering if it might be a good idea to create a permanent sticky showing different brands of hats and the variety of styles and colors of each. I think that this would make a great tool for research and reference. I think most of us would appreciate something like that and it will be surprising to see the vast amount of variation of models we all have.

jeff

One of the Regulars
DOUGLAS said:
:eek:fftopic:

After seeing all the hats people have been posting I've been wondering if it might be a good idea to create a permanent sticky showing different brands of hats and the variety of styles and colors of each. I think that this would make a great tool for research and reference. I think most of us would appreciate something like that and it will be surprising to see the vast amount of variation of models we all have.

I think that is a superb idea, Douglas!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust