Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Diamond Authority

Nigel

One of the Regulars
Here's my submission to the Diamond Authority, my first attempt at bashing an open crown hat. I used a little steam to get the bash as dry bashing wasn't quite working for me. The bash is a little similar to Russ' (RBH) Campdraft, more rounded on the back of the crown. I'll try and get a better pic sometime.
campdraftbashjp7.jpg

RBH

Bartender
Nigel said:
Here's my submission to the Diamond Authority, my first attempt at bashing an open crown hat. I used a little steam to get the bash as dry bashing wasn't quite working for me. The bash is a little similar to Russ' (RBH) Campdraft, more rounded on the back of the crown. I'll try and get a better pic sometime.
campdraftbashjp7.jpg
Great job Nigel ! You did great on that crease, keep up the good work!!!

univibe88

One Too Many
I can't take any credit there. This thread made me want a diamond crease, so I asked Art for it when I designed my hat with him. The crease you see in that picture is from his hands.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
univibe88 said:
I can't take any credit there. This thread made me want a diamond crease, so I asked Art for it when I designed my hat with him. The crease you see in that picture is from his hands.
Did Art put the wind trolley on to? That is a great hat!:eusa_clap

univibe88

One Too Many
indycop said:
Did Art put the wind trolley on to? That is a great hat!:eusa_clap

All I did was send the check. Art did it all! Indycop, your "rememberance" also inspired me. You inspired me to work with Art, and to go with the granite colored felt.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
univibe88 said:

All I did was send the check. Art did it all! Indycop, your "rememberance" also inspired me. You inspired me to work with Art, and to go with the granite colored felt.
That color really goes well with anything!:D And he does great work!!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
kabuto said:
I was watching movie trailers on my Mac last night, and the new Indiana Jones hat seems to be a diamond crease as far as I can tell in the few quick shots of it from the top.

I'm not sure if I like this: my non-Indy Peters Brothers diamond crease brown fedora has suddenly turned into an Indy (with the exception of the front brim, which is mostly flat)!
Nope it is definitely a center dent!!:D

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Here's an example of how the diamond dent can change the profile of a hat, especially one that tapers a bit. Anyway, it did with this Borsalino I have. Here's the before pic showing the hat with original center crease, from the front:

I really like the gunmetal blue color and it's light as a feather...maybe a little too light. Now the same hat from the front, after I steamed it and put a diamond telescope crease in.

I like it better this way. Plus, my dog daughter Hannah said she approves!

By woodfluter

All the hats posted here look great, guys! Really enjoyed seeing them, and it gave me lots of ideas. Cheers,
- Bill

Stoney

Practically Family
Woodfluter said:
Here's an example of how the diamond dent can change the profile of a hat, especially one that tapers a bit. Anyway, it did with this Borsalino I have. Here's the before pic showing the hat with original center crease, from the front:

aapostborsalinoa2av9.jpg

aapostborsalinoonb3sq6.jpg

aapostborsalinoonb1oz6.jpg

Excellent job on the diamond crease. That is exactly what the hat needed.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Woodfluter said:

All the hats posted here look great, guys! Really enjoyed seeing them, and it gave me lots of ideas. Cheers,
- Bill
That looks a million times better!:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally