Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Conversion Corral

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Nice one bond....

Tried my hand at reshaping a Panama. Straw is not as easy as working with felt. But, it came out pretty fair though...It started out with a short tapered crown, (just under 4 inches tall). I was able to reblock it and square up the sides to 4 1/2 inches tall at the pinch. I sewed on a medium brown mid-ribbon with a double bow. The stitches attaching the bow are hidden...

Panama_02.jpg

Panama_05.jpg

Panama_04.jpg

Panama_06.jpg

Panama_07.jpg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Job, Joao, DOGMAN, bond, Harv, Thanks guys. I appreciate the feedback.

...and my thanks again to the guys in the 'Conversion Corral' for all the help and advice.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
ideaguy, Harv, Thanks guys. I believe the hat size on the Panama is actually a 7 1/4- 7 3/8 but it seems a bit tighter than that. I wear a 7 1/8 Long Oval - 7 1/4 and it's a little snug on me...I haven't really thought of selling it but that's not to say I wouldn't consider it.

I would give thought to selling this one though. It's a Western / Fedora crossover that I did. Very dense felt and very rugged...the size tag says 7 1/4 but I think it'll fit bigger...if the hat fit me I wouldn't think of parting with it. It's just way too big for me...

Western_Convert_03.jpg

Western_Convert_02.jpg

Western_Convert_04.jpg

Last edited:

NewJack

Practically Family
I would give thought to selling this one though. It's a Western / Fedora crossover that I did. Very dense felt and very rugged...the size tag says 7 1/4 but I think it'll fit bigger...if the hat fit me I wouldn't think of parting with it. It's just way too big for me...

Western_Convert_03.jpg

Western_Convert_02.jpg

Western_Convert_04.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Oh! If only I could wear it!! Wouldn't fit my 7 1/2 noggin!!

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just finished re working this dress beaver wt into this whippet style by adding different ribbons and wind cord as well as changing the liner color to grey.

John Galt

Vendor
My day job & back problems had gotten me behind, but tonight the Midnight Hatter rides again!

Joao,

I cleared my inbox & sent you a PM. If you missed it, the new bow on your Stagecoach is done, see below. I brushed the hat but did not reshape the brim or crown. Please see my PM & get back to me re shipping arrangements.

zy2ynyby.jpg

y2amyte3.jpg

hegu5e7e.jpg

8aqymazu.jpg

azebedup.jpg

Ideaguy, please check your PM's - your Stetson 100 is on the flange & under the bag, and will soon be done (again).

Justin (Splintercellz), my long suffering friend, your KnappFelt just needs the trim & liner sewn on/in, and I hope to finish it tomorrow night. Would have also done it tonight, but that blasted wide brim on Joao's Stagecoach was a pain to work around ;-)

Terry,

I'll also try to put the Stetson Nutria I promised in trade on the block tomorrow.

Oldest go out first, but I will also acknowledge receipt of two other hats for renovation, that will soon be moving _way_ up the list.

JG, out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82