Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Feraud

Bartender
Ok, I've done it. I've thought for a while about pulling the trigger on a flat cap, but I just hadn't found the right one. When I saw this wool flat cap from Cordova Handmade Caps come up in my size, I just had to for it. It's a deep burgundy color 8-panel newsboy style cap, and I'm loving it! Warm and soft, it's the perfect cap for when I want something beside a fedora on my noggin.

image.jpg
image.jpg

I'll have to take some better shots in natural light tomorrow, but I was just too excited to join the cap faction to wait!

A
Very nice. I'd hope to eventually get something like this to wear in the cool autumn weather.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Here's an interesting cap - a Resistol from the 1950's I think, judging from several factors. This is the biggest diameter cap I own by far, coming in at a whopping 12" circumference! It's a helluva lotta headwear. But I like it.

Anyone else know Resistol made cloth caps?? It was a surprise to me.

resistol-1.jpg resistol-2.jpg resistol-3.jpg resistol-4.jpg resistol-5.jpg

DamianM

Vendor

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
I thought so too, Damian, but the crown button is too large to be 1940's, unless someone knows differently...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
OK, thanks Pete - the sweatband is not leather - rather torn paper card stock. And the tags hidden under the band provide the most definite signs of being post-1950's - the type is too modern. Thanks for your expertise!!

IMG_7120.jpg IMG_7119.jpg

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Keith
I Agree with BK
it might even lean into the 70s. I remember as a kid some were even larger than your cap...

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Thank you Chepstow! I really enjoy finding them. Not as much as wearing them, but the hunt is good... :)

Pete, the Orme cap is indeed here, thanks! It is a little small in diameter on my noggin, so not a go-to cap, but nice anyway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld