Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Happy birthday to you wife Keith. The cap looks perfect on her. Good job. (good job Barry,too)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

I have to give props where they're due - a while back fellow lounger Chepstow posted up a pic of himself in a sweet looking brown plaid Stetson cap. A plaid had been on my radar for awhile, and I really dug the colors of his. I was inspired, and found this one on the ebay. Woolrich plaid wool fabric made by capas. It was fairly inexpensive, which made it do-able in light of my other recent aquisition (baby Teagan)
jumesy4y.jpg
zerudazy.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration Manfred. This one is gonna get a lot of use as the weather gets cooler.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Dale, I am glad If I can help. Haha
That is a fantastic Cap. The pattern looks really nice. A grreat Cap, You will love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Wow, Dale, nice one - I love the arrangement of the pattern! Noggin shots forthcoming, I hope...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Hey, I just noticed you're a new daddy all over again Dale - congrats on the little girl!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Keith. See it in action in the WHAYWT thread. It'll be getting plenty of head time soon.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Here's an outstanding early 1920's belted-back flat cap. I don't have anything like this one - it has that wonderfully blocky shape typical of the time period. Nice ear flaps too.

Try saying 'Flat Cap Flaps' ten times and report your success rate.

1920_belted-back_flat_cap-1.jpg 1920_belted-back_flat_cap-2.jpg 1920_belted-back_flat_cap-3.jpg 1920_belted-back_flat_cap-4.jpg 1920_belted-back_flat_cap-5.jpg 1920_belted-back_flat_cap-6.jpg 1920_belted-back_flat_cap-7.jpg 1920_belted-back_flat_cap-8.jpg

Who says guys get to have all the fun? Happy birthday to my lovely Irena - and thank you immensely to Barry and Tonya, for your speed, skill and all around excellence! :)

View attachment 5267 View attachment 5268
Ohhhh, holding out on us, ehhhh??? She's lovely, and that cap really suits her! Please wish her a belated birthday from California (yes, I've nominated myself to speak for the entire state).

I have to give props where they're due - a while back fellow lounger Chepstow posted up a pic of himself in a sweet looking brown plaid Stetson cap. A plaid had been on my radar for awhile, and I really dug the colors of his. I was inspired, and found this one on the ebay. Woolrich plaid wool fabric made by capas. It was fairly inexpensive, which made it do-able in light of my other recent aquisition (baby Teagan)...Thanks for the inspiration Manfred. This one is gonna get a lot of use as the weather gets cooler.
I have to admit, I wasn't completely sold on this cap until I saw it on your head in the "What Hat Are You Wearing Today?" thread; it look far better on your head! And belated good wishes to the newest member of your family!

...Try saying 'Flat Cap Flaps' ten times and report your success rate...
1.6 out of 10. :eusa_doh: lol

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Thanks Johnny! Yes, it's a real beauty.

Hi Milliedog! Welcome. Nice to see some more Under(Millie)dogs here. I'm in the process of photographing some caps, at which point I'll make an announcement all proper-like. Should be another week. Thanks for asking!

Keith

esteban68

Call Me a Cab

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Keith you have a Beautiful Family, & Great collection of caps !
Zombie Covered CA well on the B-Day wishes to your wife !
You all look Swell in your caps
OK I know you add fun to your posts so your new vintage cap, may I name Stuffys Puffy
I have a few like that one sans belt but have the rear block shape & ear flaps & they have the Stuff-Puff
well there my grand sons & look cool on them sorta warm for my climate though...

DH, yes the baby does cut into the 'Cap Cash' your new find is a 4 panel, cool Rockabilly vibe it has...

Love the fabric pattern on the vintage earflapper Keith.
Here's an action shot of the new one.
qagepaju.jpg

It's an 8 panel Che but the way the pattern is matched does give the illusion of 4. Had to look twice myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld