Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Dale,that's really cool. It's got the hooligan curl to the brim - do you put that in, or does it come that way? That curve tends to suit you well.

Che, thanks for the nice words about the fam - yes, I'm blessed big time with my brood. You inspired me to add the Stuff Puff to my profile pic! Would love to see pics of the grandkids sporting their flatties.

Last edited:

Lotsahats

One Too Many
Ok, I've done it. I've thought for a while about pulling the trigger on a flat cap, but I just hadn't found the right one. When I saw this wool flat cap from Cordova Handmade Caps come up in my size, I just had to for it. It's a deep burgundy color 8-panel newsboy style cap, and I'm loving it! Warm and soft, it's the perfect cap for when I want something beside a fedora on my noggin.

image.jpg
image.jpg

I'll have to take some better shots in natural light tomorrow, but I was just too excited to join the cap faction to wait!

A

Last edited:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Hey, lotsahats, absolutely spectacular cap!! We will definitely want to see a noggin shot or two of that one. It's almost hard to believe it's an eight panel cap, from the top the seams are so subtle. And I'm a real sucker for those exposed seam reinforcement tapes on the inside and the shaped acetate patch. BEAUTIFUL. You certainly set your bar high for your first cap!!

Lotsahats that is seriously hifh quality headgear. Top shelf all the way. Nice color too.

Thanks for the compliments Keith. I curled the brim myself. I'm just partial to the look. When I was growing up all the country folks around here rolled their ball caps like that, it must've rubbed off.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
That's one of the great things about flat caps--they're a terrific alternative to fedoras for those days when you want to wear something more casual, and you certainly chose a good one!

Hey, wait, Zombie, you've got that backwards! - fedoras as a nifty alternative to caps... I couldn't resist.

howardeye

Practically Family
Wearing my custom made Simonds Vintage Cotton Cap with leather bill today to mow the grass. I am still wearing the cap after dark and haven't mowed yet!

howardeye

Practically Family
The uncle fester factoid is hilarious, I forgot to add that. Thanks guys for your good and supportive words.

Another good reason to post this kind of detail about unusual pieces is to benefit the burgeoning clan of cap makers found here in the lounge - Johnny, Barry and now Damian, who can parlay those little details into finery that benefits us all!

Seabass, what a good point about photographing the cap on Miles. Here he is sporting it – even though the band is too big for him, the crown is exactly as it was at the smaller size – I make sure I don't distort the shape of the crown itself - so you can get a better picture of what it would have looked like on a kid it was intended for. Good suggestion!

uvygasu7.jpg

One last thing, lovely to see Eric and a few others who don't normally jump over into the cap thread. Eric, your comments were really appreciated and thoughtful. I get what you're saying about the fit on a smaller head. The variety of cap shapes is actually quite varied, which I find out the more I collect these things.

Keith

That is one cool looking cap on the younger one!!! No one will mess with you when you are wearing that lid!!!

Last edited:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Wow, Howard, what a classy cap - that cotton is super-cool. And I like the suede under the brim - nice touch. No wonder it won't come off your head.

Thanks for the comment on Miles' modeling job - he's pressuring me for more caps, so I may have to resist resizing a few!! K

Very good looking cap Howardeye. He did a fantastic job matching up the stripes in the pattern. Any chance you'd post a bird's eye shot of it?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld