Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Don't I know it, Worf! Life's too damn short. I saw that pic on Simonds FB page, so I knew it had been around prior to me getting one...

Spring lasts about 30 seconds in Sydney, so I'm jamming in my last days of cool weather gear. Here's a nifty little deadstock French (very) cap. The warmth of these clay colors is really nice.

pe2e3ydy.jpg

ehu3ajet.jpg

nujevype.jpg

avabydy9.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Thanks Mok, Ed, Z61,

Do they still even SELL Foster's in the US? Because no-one drinks it here - I don't remember the last time I've seen it available. It's like the bad soap-operas in the US that bomb in testing and so get exported on us! :)

If you are sober enough when you buy it in the US you'll notice it says "Australian style beer" on the label. For a while it was being brewed by Molsen in Canada, and it's actually produced here in the US by Miller now.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
When I was Perth and Freemantle many years ago I became pretty fond of the Emu brand that came in different versions. I don't know if it still exists, but at the time it was far better than Forster's. It was on the same trip I found, that Australia produce some fantastic redwine - not least on the Shiraz grape :)

Funny rules, by the way. Some restaurants could not sell alcohol, so we had to buy the wine in a "bottle-shop" and take it to the restaurant. Then the waiter took the wine to the kitchen area and served it along the food as any other restaurant would do. Then everything was done quite legal. Never tried that before, but it worked just fine - and the crock and witchetty grubs was accompanied by some appropriate liquids after all :)

Lots of brands do this. Guinness have breweries all over the world, for example. UK stuff is made in Liverpool, i think.

Indeed they do, which is how crap like this ends up in walmart. Most big name brands are all owned by one or another huge multinational conglomerate these days anyway

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380036435119.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380036435119.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 146

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
That's why real ale pubs over here are doing so well, CAMRA has achieved great things and many small local breweries are springing up and producing fantastic real ales and even the odd lager and despite much myth it's not warm!
Yes, Guinness is a Diageo stable. Pretty much everything is Diageo or Interbrew/Interbev now. That's why so much tastes so similar and bland.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Hey GoldenEraFan, really sweet cap! Looks great with your whole ensemble.

FlatFootFlooey with a floy floy: loved the slideshow of period pics! I agree with Johnny, that patterned cap is stunning. Thanks!

Cool old photos FFF, I love seeing stuff like that.
GEF the cap is working for you. Always a good all around look in your posts.
Today I dug out my old black B-wear cap .

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380151526957.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380151526957.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 155

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82