Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Thank you guys, and especially to you Johnny. I keep running my hands over the fabric - it is such incredible wool, so tight and soft yet lightweight. Blows my mind to think it's over 100 years old. And your attention to finish makes it stand apart. Hearing that you used to be a jeweler made it all make sense! I too am fastidious about things most people would never even notice.

What you make are genuine heirlooms - I'm already thinking of what my boy Miles is poised to inherit!

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Here are pics of Barry's amazing Motorist Cap. Vintage gabardine wool on top. It took me about 10 minutes to work out how to wear it - there's a lot of fabric on top and it looks like a chef's hat before you drape it right! Stunning work, Barry - what an intro to your caps!!

motorist1.jpg motorist2.jpg motorist3.jpg motorist4.jpg

The specs are four-lens frames from 1840 - many wore them when traveling on trains to keep coal dust out of their eyes (no windows on trains back then!) My prescription is in the clear ones and I cut the orange glass to fit the outer lenses (color based on a period pair I saw in a museum). Not sure why, but they really suit the cap!

Congratulation on another fine one. That is truly an outstanding looking cap. I've seen that design floating around the lounge here of late, and I'm a big fan of it. Love the color of yours. It looks on my screen like the leather might be an oxblood color, is it?
Great specs too.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Liddleman

Familiar Face
That's a gorgeous cap Stuffsmith, and made to go with those specs. You get my 'Ultra Stylish' award !!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
The level of innovation on the FL cap forum is so inspiring: new ideas, revived styles, great vintage finds - everything a cap lover could want.

Stuffsmith you have inspired me to drag out my old B-wear cap. When I stumbled across these on his site a few years back I felt like I'd found the holy grail, but I find myself wearing it pretty much never. ButI love the style (very similar to yours) so I figured why not. It's raining anyway and that's always a good time for a cap

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379796469941.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379796469941.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 154

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Hang on, I've got cancel my order for a pink, lime green and yellow one. :(. Thanks guys!

My partner Irena loves it so much I'm having one made for her as a birthday present - so we'll have some of the first chick pix up here soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Worf

I'll Lock Up
That's one image I didn't need. I prefer this one.

IMG_1149_zps9eed524a.jpg

In case you're wondering this is the first one sold. We worked it out from a picture in another thread.

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82