Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

se couvrir

One of the Regulars
The photos are not available (at least from my end).

Thanks Steve - Had the same problem in posting these on Homburg Nation and Daniele advised me of the problem. I've re-done both threads and Homburg now seems ok, but not this one, so don't know what is happening (The photos display to me when I have posted, but thereafter the problem starts). Will try again,
Chris
'

se couvrir

One of the Regulars
Borsalino Gran Lusso: Bronze.

I would appreciate help with the probable date, also the wind trolley winds around the crown twice and has no button - no evidence of one having been attached. I see there is another similar in grey (on the bay in Germany) with the same arrangement, so wondering if this was the norm.

IMGA0887_zpsvm9i7xdf.jpg

IMGA0888_zpsehhmbbd3.jpg

IMGA0889_zpsqhcbksik.jpg

IMGA0890_zpswvuwplmb.jpg

IMGA0891_zpsowktszss.jpg

IMGA0892_zpsnpzrkk1l.jpg

Chris

Thanks! I posted the following response in the Homburg Nation thread.

Fantastic! This is a German market Borsalino. You see Export Qualität in the late 1950s and onward up to end of the Antica Casa (family sells business and old factory closes) in the mid 1980s. My guess is late 1950s - early 1970s. All of my German market Borsalinos that have wind cords do not have buttons. This one dates back to 1929.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/50-borsalino-german-market/page-2#entry1153

Here are some other German market Borsalinos.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/50-borsalino-german-market/

Last edited:

ingineer

One Too Many
Besdor;
Just got off the phone with Steve at your store to buy a Rosati- Borsalino.
Very pleasant and quick. will post this when it arrives

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
No Sir. But that Borsa takes my breath away! I was referring to a Fellow Loungers previous pic of the Rosati. I believe Ingineer posted that earlier pic.

ingineer

One Too Many
The Rosati Borsalino Nay Blue came the other day from Bencraft.
Not bad for the price a lot less than the Alexandra . Packaged double box. Seems as if there are a lot of fur hairs in the felt.
Fit is nice and as usual strange , the 61 is marked 7-1/2
Surprised how different the web site colour is from the real thing.
I fear that here it will be look at as Orthodox, well maybe I can find someone to put a bright blue ribbon on it.
Brim 3 inches , crown 5 at lowest point.5-1/2 sides
With flash

Sunlight

Bencraft's picture

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Richard I like your Rosati!
I think an appropriate crease will be the best way to wear it.
Try to take pictures of it in the shadow and remember blue is very difficult to catch.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, Richard. I have a Bellagio in navy and, yes, it's a very dark blue. I remember reading that the navy blue, not black, was the appropriate color for evening wear.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
That isn't the darkest blue that Borsalino offers. At one time we stocked a color called color 81 (pacifico) . It was so dark that we opted to go with color 41 mirtillo . However every batch comes in different.

ingineer

One Too Many
Richard I like your Rosati!
I think an appropriate crease will be the best way to wear it.
Try to take pictures of it in the shadow and remember blue is very difficult to catch.
Thank you Daniele, i'm trying again,next time i'll remember to have a professional crease it into a teardrop or diamond.
My terrible restart of a teardrop and in low temperature lighting

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe