Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

Just Jim

A-List Customer
Yeah, past two evenings it has been a fluctuating between "a little slow" and a 403 error telling me I'm not allowed to access the site. I've been working through past posts doing some research, so I download 20 pages or so. If I get locked out after that, at least I've made some progress on my little project. A trifle annoying, but I probably get more sleep when I can't access the site.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Have others been having trouble off and on over the last day or so bringing up the Fedora Lounge site?

Only the Fedora Lounge on my iPhone.
All other sites work fine with my phone
and computer at home.

I went to iPhone Settings-Safari
cleared web history also reset to default
and rebooted the system.
I had to make adjustments again on the
iPhone wallpaper image of my choice, bold text size but all files & apps are working fine.
I'm using iPhone to post this.

Last edited:
Have others been having trouble off and on over the last day or so bringing up the Fedora Lounge site?
Access for me has been intermittent since Tuesday night when I got a "server error" message while browsing threads; read one thread, move on to the next and suddenly there's no access, then it's back again. I haven't had any problems tonight, so I'm guessing they sorted it out while they were offline earlier today.

When you want to open a usual of these single plaster-hulls and you think about how to do it without damaging the plaster, because you can't pull it out on the already opened front side. :rolleyes:

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Access for me has been intermittent since Tuesday night when I got a "server error" message while browsing threads; read one thread, move on to the next and suddenly there's no access, then it's back again. I haven't had any problems tonight, so I'm guessing they sorted it out while they were offline earlier today.

I’ve had the same problem. Since I have not received any alerts since Thursday night after I received a server error message. I’m new here at the FL and the alerts have been helpful for me keeping up with what I’ve posted or when another member replies to one of my watched threads. There is a lot of people posting, how do you or others keep track of the content?

Steven

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
I’ve had the same problem. Since I have not received any alerts since Thursday night after I received a server error message. I’m new here at the FL and the alerts have been helpful for me keeping up with what I’ve posted or when another member replies to one of my watched threads. There is a lot of people posting, how do you or others keep track of the content?

Steven
Welcome Steven,
I receive email notifications from Fedora Lounge of members that either I follow or
are following me that have posted a reply on the forum on a thread which I have created
or one which I have made a reply to.

Initially the leather jacket section was what attracted me at first to the forum.
But now I mostly go visit the lounge where a certain bartender from Maine
is serving up very interesting topics and I am joined by the regulars from
time to time and we share stories and images.
Sometimes I tend to wander, but I have the bartenders to
slap me back and remain on topic. ;)

And you know you are a FL addict when you wake up and the first
thing you see on your cell phone is who posted on the lounge and
when the system breaks down...you start to get the shakes and
wonder how long before they fix the problem. :D

Last edited:

Steven
I visit The Lounge almost daily, and use the "Watched Threads" function in the taskbar just below the header. When you click on that, it shows you a list of the threads you're "watching" that have received new posts since the last time you visited. If I have the time after I've viewed those threads I usually browse the forums to see if anything else catches my interest.

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Welcome Steven,
I receive email notifications from Fedora Lounge of members that either I follow or
are following me that have posted a reply on the forum on a thread which I have created
or one which I have made a reply to.

Thanks for the welcome. I checked my preferences and I should have been getting the emails as well as alerts. Nothing was coming through. I logged off and cleared by cache and cookies on my iPhone and everything started coming through. I received emails for this topic but nothing for other threads that I’m watching.

I visit The Lounge almost daily, and use the "Watched Threads" function in the taskbar just below the header. When you click on that, it shows you a list of the threads you're "watching" that have received new posts since the last time you visited. If I have the time after I've viewed those threads I usually browse the forums to see if anything else catches my interest.

Thanks for the tips. I’ll try your suggestions. Overall I can find what I’m looking for but it takes a little longer. I see as I’m typing this I just received a new alert. Maybe logging off and clearing my iPhone did the trick. :)

Steven

GHT

I'll Lock Up
There is a lot of people posting, how do you or others keep track of the content?
Steven
Welcome to he lounge Steven. When you are logged into the site you should see three headings at the very top of the page. They are titled: 1967Cougar390, Inbox, Alerts. If you run the cursor over the first one, that's the one with your forum name, no need to click on it, a drop down menu will appear. Scroll down to the fifth heading: Your Content. Click on that and all your posts will appear in chronological order. I hope that helps.

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
Welcome to he lounge Steven. When you are logged into the site you should see three headings at the very top of the page. They are titled: 1967Cougar390, Inbox, Alerts. If you run the cursor over the first one, that's the one with your forum name, no need to click on it, a drop down menu will appear. Scroll down to the fifth heading: Your Content. Click on that and all your posts will appear in chronological order. I hope that helps.
GHT thanks for the reply and welcome. That helps a lot.

Steven

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
You'd be surprised how many elderly folk either can't or won't use the Internet for anything. We run into this all the time with our ticketing systems -- 90 year old ladies call up boiling mad because they can't figure out how to buy an opera ticket online and just want to do it over the phone. Although my mother is all over Facebook like grease on a mackerel, she won't buy anything online because somebody told her the Russians will steal her identity if she does. But nevertheless, companies insist on pushing "convenient internet service" because it means they don't have to pay someone to sit by the phone and take orders.

Within the next ten years, traditional "just pick up the phone and order" systems will be completely extinct.

I remember hanging a sign in the front window of a large corporate bookstore I used manage that said, “Shop Online!” back in about 1997-98.
I thought it was odd then to discourage people from coming into the store, now its about the only way you can buy books.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Until the end of my life, I will definitely not buy any slim-fit jeans! What's the point with them, marketing-boys?? :rolleyes: I'm not more in the kindergarden. ;)

I bought a pair of jeans because of the shade of blue and they were button-fly.
They had my size and the price was right.
I tried them on and they fit.
But I found out that trying on a pair which takes a few minutes and wearing
them all day is not the same thing.
I didn't take into account that these
jean's waist sit at the hips.
As much as I tighten the belt, I was
not comfortable and felt like my
underwear was showing.
I'm used to the old style where the
jean's waist is above the hips... or
grandfather style! :(

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Snow struck Chicago Friday, hard commute getting into downtown, rail road switching frozen; and left the office early, forgetting
that the Minnesota Timberwolves and Mr James Butler were in town to wreck havoc on the Bulls, so did not stop at the bar for what
was a knowckdowndragoutgottagetsomerevengefortradingme blood revenge basketball game at its best. Bulls won by a single point.
Missed the game, all of it.:(

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe