Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simonds Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The last frame doesn't work at all for me. From at practical standpoint it would be better to use less colors and gradients to translate the Logo in different applications. Say: website; label on the cap; sign for a fair, letterhead...

On the font: Workwear or americana would work with a "script" font too. But it's more tricky and you need more design skills than for a straight deco logo.
Here is some chalk lettering that combines different fonts and some script. It looks great imo:

http://webneel.com/webneel/blog/beautiful-chalk-lettering-inspiration

Here is a blog with more vintage workwear labels:
http://www.andyburnsdesign.com/2012/01/vintage-american-workwear-graphics.html

Vintage+American+Workwear+Labels+copy.jpg

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I have been sending Barry some stuff. Its getting there.:)
Its generally best to use simple black and white for the design and then you can use colors in printing.
Shapes have to be simple so that it is easy to print.

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
cap-logo_zpsa6d1e419.jpg

I'm no designer, but here's a quick rip-off of my favourite 'Caslaw' logo. Very simple. East to read. Would look better with the same font as the original design, but i didn't have that.

howardeye

Practically Family
Just keep wiping your brow off with mine as you are making it Barry. It is good enough for me! A picture of a snare drum with your name on it would be ok also!

Last edited:

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I like the simplicity of the design but (for me, at least) the font is too fifties. That design with a 1920/30s font might look very good.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
Wiser Hatter, i'm not feeling it. it doesn't come across as vintage enough. if you plan on using a diamond then it's the perfect opportunity to warp the text to fit into the diamond shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe