Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simonds Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

howardeye

Practically Family
My new Hickory Stripe Denim. Thanks Barry

image_zpsbdb69b71.jpg

image_zpsd1351fd0.jpg

howardeye

Practically Family
I got an ancient Indigo Blue feather bed cover coming in the mail. The lady that had this has some from the late 1800's in a different pattern. How would this look as a cap?

790E116B-97F2-4398-A0EC-3C5B2DB99ABA-668-0000006C8B14B5FE_zps8a8d7bb6.jpg

Simonds

Vendor
:confused: Honestly not sure,not seen any caps made with ticking. I'm willing to give it shot though. Always a first for everything.

Last edited:

howardeye

Practically Family
I don't mind being the first. I like the deep blue and with some used oil from the motorcycles on it I can see it as a prize. If it don't work out I can put it on the scarecrow!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Bert
Simonds portrait of you is Real Cool !
you look good in both pics & cap of course.

Say i have some Ancient Ticking stripe material similar to yours, (though yours looks much nicer) i was holding on too for a long time...Hmmmm
Ill see how yours comes out , if you go for it. Good idea it would make a good work cap ...
232323232%7Ffp54386%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3646766%3B4934%3Bnu0mrj

Last edited:

howardeye

Practically Family
Thanks for the kind words. That is a great looking fabric you have also. I have a cap similar to that. All my newsboy caps have stripes. I do not like the tweeds or wooly look. I was looking for a white cotton of some type with a deep blue and maybe this will do it. I have purchased some other blue denim striped but the blue is too pale for me and the stripes are to far apart. You can tell it is not vintage dye.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Of the three, I like the second the best, but then I'm partial to eight panel caps. I understand that name, but I'm not sure that the way that the name is presented works for me. Others may be able to be more constructive.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think it needs some adjusting of the space between the letters (kerning):
H/i , t/e, a/n

Maby the H could be a little bigger to match the C from Cap?

Simonds

Vendor
HBK, the logo would be inside of the caps as well as hang tags. We are still trying to come up with a name at this point. Just thought we would through out one of our ideas.

Thanks, FFF, not sure why it turned out that way, the program is just a free one we got of the internet. We are just playing around with different names and fonts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe