Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simonds Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I collect them for future ideas. I never finish with an idea. One must always think of how the elements on a logo will reproduce. Everything is black and white drop shadows are nice when displayed on a screen but do not translate to a decal that one would use for a transfer.
Fine lines can cause issues with transfer also.
As they tend to not transfer off the decal on to the fabric and then you waste a fabric liner.
So there are many factors that must be thought of when one makes a "vintage logo"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Simonds

Vendor
We have enjoyed it also, all the feedback has been awesome and we are very thankful for it all. We got word yesterday that they will possibly be moving this thread again this week or next and gave us the option to start a thread in the merchants area if so we will not be able to respond except by pm, so feel free to message us with any questions or comments.
Thanks Ed, its going to look great once everything comes together...
Here is another idea we have came up with last night, the same as last just a little different..

Last edited:

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, not with me wearing it, but here it is:

561251_452067811548316_258635726_n.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
^^ great cap Flat top !

We got word yesterday that they will possibly be moving this thread again this week or next and gave us the option to start a thread in the merchants area if so we will not be able to respond except by pm, so feel free to message us with any questions or comments.

why does the thread have to be moved... and what happened to the old thread anyway ? (apologies if this has already been discussed)

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I agree with HBK: Why does the thread have to be moved?

I know there are restrictions on merchants etc, but this thread (and similarly the Johnny J/Cordova thread) are very active threads. It is place to show and discuss caps, suggest new style etc. My fear is that, if moved, the enthusiasm and sense of community might be lost.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I agree with HBK: Why does the thread have to be moved?

I know there are restrictions on merchants etc, but this thread (and similarly the Johnny J/Cordova thread) are very active threads. It is place to show and discuss caps, suggest new style etc. My fear is that, if moved, the enthusiasm and sense of community might be lost.

:eusa_clap

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Old thread is still around. We're likely going to incorporate them all together in some way. We are working to ensure that our sponsoring affiliates are getting something unique and deserving of their support. At the same time, guys like JohnnyJ and Simonds are just getting started out, and our members get a lot of fulfillment from the interaction. We're working to strike the right balance. In short, give us a chance to see how things work out. If you have any questions or suggestions, PM me. I'm happy to hear them.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Very close--Perhaps give it a little more space(separation between parts/letters) and adjust to look a little less like a Baseball Diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe