Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
Shirin said:
I love your pattern ShoreLadyRoad, I have one very very similar to that.
MissAmelina, you have to show us what that looks like sewn up! I like the second version. That would be soooo pretty done up in a dark green color.

I am so with you on that......Green dresses are my most favorite thing ever.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I heard back from the seller and she says the pattern was complete when she posted the auction and is double checking to see if pieces fell out while packing it. I really hope she finds the pieces. I want this blouse, not a refund.

MissAmelina

A-List Customer
That is SUCH a bummer...I hope she finds them. There is nothing worse than sitting down to work with a new pattern only to find it is incomplete....this has happened to me on a few occasions too.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
4007-web-pic.jpg

I got this pattern in the mail uesterday and I am nearly done with the dress. I made the shortsleeved version in tan and maroon striped cotton.
carol_curtis_455_cover.jpg

and this which hasn't arrived yet.

poggleberry

One of the Regulars
French Pattern

I tried to PM you but it would not let me We could exchange copies. Let me know if there is anything you are looking for. It might be simpler for me to copy the pattern and return the pattern to you, but if you aren't comfortable with that I can understand and I won't be offended.

Hi Marie-Anne,
Sorry I missed your reply, I've copied the pattern so if you want to contact me, (I've found a way) go to my old blog and you can email me. http://www.blogger.com/profile/17277835174755221198 We can then arrange something.
Regards Poggleberry

zendy

A-List Customer
deadpandiva said:
4007-web-pic.jpg

I got this pattern in the mail uesterday and I am nearly done with the dress. I made the shortsleeved version in tan and maroon striped cotton.
OH MY GOD!!!!! that is the most perfect dress in the whole world!:eek:

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Haven't bought a pattern in a while. I couldn't resist it :eek:

A1316.jpg

And Kamikat -- I got an incomplete pattern once from Vintage Martini. Even though the listing said it was complete and I even emailed them and they told me it was complete. I went to make it and the whole front of the dress was missing. I emailed them back, they let me choose another at 50% off, and then refunded me the difference. I'm sure it will be all good with you!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I know, I know. I don't know how to sew. But after reading this thread religiously, I realized that when I *do* learn how to sew, it will be hard to find this pattern, so I went ahead and bought it for that fateful day. What do you think?

butterick_1484.JPG

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Vintage Betty said:
I know, I know. I don't know how to sew. But after reading this thread religiously, I realized that when I *do* learn how to sew, it will be hard to find this pattern, so I went ahead and bought it for that fateful day. What do you think?

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeves! :D I love sleeve patterns. What a grand way to stretch the style of a basic garment.

LD

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeves! :D I love sleeve patterns. What a grand way to stretch the style of a basic garment.

LD

Tee-hee, you were my inspiration Lady Day. I have been secretly watching your sleeve coveting.

Vanessa

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
Id say 1910-18s, somewhere around there. But I could be wrong. I usually am :)

LD

That's about right. A little later perhaps on the start date. I'd say 1914-1918.

Elaina

One Too Many
I'd put this about 1924-1926 to be honest. I know they recycled the #s and it would be about 1910-12 or 1924-26. (And just going by the numbers to date them here.) I'd personally date it in the mid 20s because of the bell sleeves and circular flounces, I don't recall seeing these sleeves as early as 1910 or so.

Great pattern either way.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
SayCici said:
Ah, what kind of hat is this? I think this style would suit my short hair!
I'd call it a calot with a brim. I thought it would be nice for shorter hair also. I got it from The Vintage Fasion Library. It's a Repro. The other dress pattern is from Decades of Style if anyone is intrested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld