Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ditto Woodland Farms. And she's super nice, too. Her son owns Vintage Martini, and I order from them every once in a while.

To be honest, with Ebay, I usually troll through everything in the vintage pattern category that's ending that day, if I get the chance. Of course, not every day.

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
Thank you ladies so much for your expertise and helpful information. I visited Woodland Farms and fell in love with several patterns. My problem with eBay is my patience level but that's a personal issue :p But I will take Laurens advice and just browse through all that is ending within a day or two, that sounds easy enough lol

sixsexsix

Practically Family
i made my first purchases on etsy today:
il_430xN24853064.jpg

il_430xN24844745.jpg

...as you can tell i love New Look

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
CherryRed said:
I won this last night on ebay. It is my first vintage pattern that will not have to be re-sized so I am hoping it will break my fear of sewing with a vintage pattern.:eek:

I learned pretty early on not to buy patterns that weren't in my size. Now I only buy patterns in my size. I don't need to hoard patterns. It makes sewing a lot easier!

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
I have a question about the retro patterns. I want a vogue pattern, but i'm not sure what size to get. Is it going by vintage sizes or modern day?

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
positivelypinup said:
I have a question about the retro patterns. I want a vogue pattern, but i'm not sure what size to get. Is it going by vintage sizes or modern day?

Go by modern day sizes-just read the back of the envelope. Vogues are pretty good to work with, I have found.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
And Vogue patterns have lots of ease in them and make up generally a lot bigger than they say, so make sure you make a mock-up first to check the fit.

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
ShoreRoadLady said:
Were those on the 'Bay, cassylynn? I think I might've been considering them. Pretty! :)

Actually I bought them off Ruby Lane. I haven't had any luck finding patterns on eBay in just the right size for me and if I do I end up losing the bid. There is a treasure trove of patterns on Ruby Lane from a couple sellers, one of which is Toinette's she carries a lot of multi-size patterns from the 1940's. She also sells vintage fabric too. It just all depends on how much your willing to spend on patterns the 2 I bought were around $12.00 which I don't think is bad but my limit for a pattern is $20.00 unless I absolutely HAVE to have it lol

Snookie

Practically Family
cassylynn said:
Also, picked this pattern up while I was on their website...

Simplicity3384.jpg

I've got that pattern! I didn't know evadress was selling copies of it...that's good, it's a nice one.

Here's a picture of the dress I made from it, sorry for the goofy pose, but it's a good full-length shot. :D I used a rayon crepe (my favorite fabric), it worked well with all those tucks.

New-Dance-Steps.jpg

cassylynn

One of the Regulars
Snookie said:
I've got that pattern! I didn't know evadress was selling copies of it...that's good, it's a nice one.

Here's a picture of the dress I made from it, sorry for the goofy pose, but it's a good full-length shot. :D I used a rayon crepe (my favorite fabric), it worked well with all those tucks.

New-Dance-Steps.jpg

Thank you for sharing and the tip on the rayon fabric. Your dress looks fabulous! As far as the pattern, I think I got the only copy of that one, but the Beach Dress is the one that is reproduced. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe