Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picture4-1.png

I paid way too much for this pattern but its a 46 bust. You only live once, right?

LD

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Lovely pattern Lady Day.

I don't know what's with me and the fifties latley but I fell in love with this Vogue pattern from 1959.
$(KGrHqJ,!hIE2fDHmlkwBNu136)9Kw~~_3.JPG

I got this cute 80's pattern to make a dress for my sister. I may grade it up and make a dress for myself too. I am so ready for spring.
il_570xN.231428692.jpg

MarieAnne

Practically Family
LD, that pattern is to die for. Good investment!

DPD - Fifties is so much fun! I need more skirts to wear with my petticoat. Do you know the length of the hem?

Kate-O-Potato - How much sewing experience do you have? Skirts like that are easy to make without a pattern. It's just a rectangle of fabric gathered and pleated into a waistband.

Drappa

One Too Many
I got a whole bunch of patterns recently, some I have wanted for ages and finally found, like this one:
images

I'm really giddy about this, as I already have the fabric and am going to recreate a dress I loved and lost out on:
156ced9d.jpg

This one I searched for after seeing Lauren's beautiful version on her blog:
7fe650a7.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
LD, that pattern is to die for. Good investment!

DPD - Fifties is so much fun! I need more skirts to wear with my petticoat. Do you know the length of the hem?

Kate-O-Potato - How much sewing experience do you have? Skirts like that are easy to make without a pattern. It's just a rectangle of fabric gathered and pleated into a waistband.

I haven't received the pattern yet but I will let you know the length once I do.
Lovely Patterns Drappa.

Kate O Potato

A-List Customer
I've just bought this one. I've only been sewing for about a year (sporadically and with the help of mum) so I'm gradually branching out into necklines and fastenings which aren't the most basic I can find..!

il_570xN.241861713.jpg

Drappa

One Too Many
Thanks DPD and Kamikat! I've been bidding on that sailor pattern at least 3 times and always got outbid, so I was really surprised I was the only bidder this time. However, the seller isn't sure it is complete, so we'll see. Fingers crossed!

Kate, that is lovely, and may I say brave for a somewhat beginner!

Tenuki

One of the Regulars
I've picked up a few patterns recently, two from Acme Notions:

5702056219_5f647d9834_z.jpg

and

5702056201_7c76eba1c1_m.jpg

and one from the VPLL, which I picked up a couple months ago but haven't gotten to making yet.

5702056223_a90d2854bc_z.jpg

The size difference between the VPLL and the Acme items has to do with my other recent sewing-related purchase of Nancy Zieman's Fitting with Confidence Book. She determines your basic size by measuring the distance between that spot just at your underarms across the front. She then gives directions on pivot and sliding to make width and length adjustments, respectively. I haven't tried her fitting method yet, since I'm wrapping up spinning/knitting projects. Fitting and sewing are next on my project list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe