Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Picked up this pattern 46" bust! Bazonga! Hurrah...I'm a 42-44" so I'm so pleased. Bought it to make the long version for a dance in may. I'm using a lovely deep purple chiffon over an original black 30s underslip. I also picked up a lovely purple velvet clutch bag from an event here in the UK yesterday from our very own Miss Sis!(well, from her stall!) Perfect match.
DSCF1857.jpg

Cool, congratulations. I have that one too, in a 44b. Havent made it up yet. I cant wait to see what magic you work! :D

LD

Elpinoine

New in Town
I love seeing everyones patterns. I'm just starting to sew, and haven't sewn an item of clothing yet, but I've become addicted to hunting down patterns on Ebay. While 50's clothing is usually my favorite style, I can't seem to stop picking up 30s and 40s patterns, particularly the Hollywood patterns. I can't wait to attempt a few modern patterns first so I can try some of the vintage ones out.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Beautiful pattern LD. i have been trying to find at leas one Superior pattern as I don't have any in my collection. I've never seen on from the 1930's before.
Love the house dress Land-O_LakesGal. I've been on a house dress kick latley.
Elpinoine-I hope you'll post pictures of what ever you sew. I love seeing vintage patterns but I love seeing what people make from them even more.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
I love seeing everyones patterns. I'm just starting to sew, and haven't sewn an item of clothing yet, but I've become addicted to hunting down patterns on Ebay. While 50's clothing is usually my favorite style, I can't seem to stop picking up 30s and 40s patterns, particularly the Hollywood patterns. I can't wait to attempt a few modern patterns first so I can try some of the vintage ones out.

Me too! I've been muddling through my 3rd skirt from a vintage pattern and am "ironing out the kinks" as I go, as it were. Anyhow, I too am addicted to collecting patterns and trawling Ebay and Etsy (and vintage pattern websites :)) most of which are waaaaay beyond my skill level at the present time. On the upside, I shall be enrolling on a dressmaking course come April so maybe I can get around to actually using these gorgeous patterns one day. I love this thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe