Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage home!

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Stopping back in - I made it through the move, and have got the place presentable. A lot of the still blank parts of the walls will be filled with some of my photography.

Bedroom:
1281723647_dd1b0427c9_o.jpg

Bathroom:
1282587036_e71878a5da_o.jpg

1282587192_d743c7939a_o.jpg

1281724839_0699475905_o.jpg

Closet:
1282587716_835b8589bd_o.jpg

Stairs:
1281725551_10a3a0b3f5_o.jpg

Hallway:
1282588322_38e22ec12a_o.jpg

Main space:
1282588538_61de7ae2e7_o.jpg

Kitchen:
1282588752_9fae38b2e4_o.jpg

1281726401_eab4120f16_o.jpg

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Atomic Glee, I love your new place. The lighting fixtures are terrific. I also love your black and white kitchen with the red and yellow you added. The art also adds a lot!

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
Atomic...the place looks great. I really like all the artwork you added to the walls. I love how the sleeping loft is built above the kitchen! For some reason I didn't notice that until I looked at the pictures with your things in the space. The hats gave it away! lol The night views are great too!

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Atomic - Just a friendly word of warning. Please be careful storing your hats above the stove. The grease from cooking will float up on smoke/steam and coat your hats! I have similar cabinets in my kitchen with a stove underneath. I store my pyrex dishes on top of the cabinets and when I get them down, they always have a layer of grease on them. I can wash the grease off of my dishes, but washing it off of a hat would be hard.

You have a great place. I love the eat more fruit picture in your kitchen. Is it new or old?

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
BeBopBaby said:
Atomic - Just a friendly word of warning. Please be careful storing your hats above the stove. The grease from cooking will float up on smoke/steam and coat your hats! I have similar cabinets in my kitchen with a stove underneath. I store my pyrex dishes on top of the cabinets and when I get them down, they always have a layer of grease on them. I can wash the grease off of my dishes, but washing it off of a hat would be hard.

You have a great place. I love the eat more fruit picture in your kitchen. Is it new or old?

The hats won't be there long. I've got a nice hat rack coming in that I'll be transferring them to as soon as it arrives. In the mean time, I'm too tired from moving and unpacking to cook! :)

The "Eat more fruit" poster is a new one. I think I got it from allposters.com, but it's been a while.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
As ever, great pictures Atomic! You've got such a great graphic sense with your bed linens and putting pictures on your plain kitchen cabinets--they really pop. I'm also covetous of your "Men on Her Mind" poster--so great. Nice views too.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Atomic Glee said:
The hats won't be there long. I've got a nice hat rack coming in that I'll be transferring them to as soon as it arrives. In the mean time, I'm too tired from moving and unpacking to cook! :)

The "Eat more fruit" poster is a new one. I think I got it from allposters.com, but it's been a while.

Glad to hear that. I think it is better to be safe than sorry, especially with something as expensive and beloved as your hats!

I think I'll have to check out allposters. I've been looking for a vintage food poster to hang in my kitchen. I was hoping for a poster with anthropomorphic fruit on it because I have a weakness for vintage kitchen items with dancing food and utensils on it, but I like you poster just as much.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
PrettySquareGal said:
Atomic Glee, I love your new place. The lighting fixtures are terrific. I also love your black and white kitchen with the red and yellow you added. The art also adds a lot!

Thanks! I loved the industrial lighting fixtures the moment I stepped inside the first time.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:
Atomic...the place looks great. I really like all the artwork you added to the walls. I love how the sleeping loft is built above the kitchen! For some reason I didn't notice that until I looked at the pictures with your things in the space. The hats gave it away! lol The night views are great too!

Yeah, the tops of the cabinets make a nifty shelf in the bedroom. There's also storage *under* the bedroom - those floor-level doors in the hallway.

My favorite part of the night view is that building with the uplights - the Fort Worth Club Building. It's very dramatic at night, combined with the Art Deco/Gothic crown of the Fair Building beyond it.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
As ever, great pictures Atomic! You've got such a great graphic sense with your bed linens and putting pictures on your plain kitchen cabinets--they really pop. I'm also covetous of your "Men on Her Mind" poster--so great. Nice views too.

Thanks! The "Men On Her Mind" poster is actually a blown-up postcard of the original poster - I scanned the postcard at about 1200 dpi and had it printed poster sized. Ditto the Mary Beth Hughes portrait in the bedroom - scanned from an old '40s magazine article and cleaned up in Photoshop.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
CherryRed said:
Great job Atomic!:eusa_clap
I wish I could work that fast. I have been moved for a month and still living with boxes.:rage:
Love all your kitchen art!

Thanks! I am sooooo exhausted from moving and unpacking, but so glad I've got so much done, too.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
The Shirt said:
Late to this thread but MaryDeluxe - I covet covet covet your digs. It looks divine.:D

Why thank you! I probably don't realize exactly how overwhelming my house is because I live here. Recently I had some new friends over for dinner and they were like "WOW" :eek: when they walked in. My personal style isn't for everyone but it makes me happy when other people enjoy it:D

1172069750_4ed172134b.jpg

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
A REALLY creative wrinkle on the straight "vintage" idea. The colors are almost on the ragged edge of something, and yet they look like they'd be comfortable to live with on a daily basis. Very cool.
What's the explanation for that 2 story room?

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
dhermann1 said:
A REALLY creative wrinkle on the straight "vintage" idea. The colors are almost on the ragged edge of something, and yet they look like they'd be comfortable to live with on a daily basis. Very cool.
What's the explanation for that 2 story room?

Well the story on my house is this: Built in 1949, renovated by some bachelor man in the early 1980's. He was a very manly man I believe and wanted the little place to have a "log cabin" feel to it. He ripped out a bedroom on the second floor to create a loft and added lots of dark wood every where. He spent a lot of time and money doing some really neat things to the little place and then moved in 1986 because he actually built a log cabin! I bought the place in Nov. 2002 as a foreclosure property. I just woke up one monday and decided that I wanted to buy a house. Discovered it on a local website. Drove by it and liked it. Called the realtor. Saw it tuesday night using a flashlight as there was no electricity. Brought my Dad back on Wednesday to look over the place and owned it on Friday! Everyone but my Dad thought I was crazy as the place was a complete @#!* hole. But I saw lots of potential and I'm not afraid to get dirty! :D

That is an awesome picture Mary. I love the story of getting your house. It was obviously meant for you. As I said before you are my inspiration for doing my house.
My drape fabric arrived this week but the seller sent the wrong yardage.:eusa_doh: I am now waiting for the correct amount to come. The fabric however is divine!!
I finally finished scraping and painting my ceiling and am working on the walls. Primer is nearly done, then I get to put on that terrific aqua color! I can't wait!!

MaryDeluxe said:
Why thank you! I probably don't realize exactly how overwhelming my house is because I live here. Recently I had some new friends over for dinner and they were like "WOW" :eek: when they walked in. My personal style isn't for everyone but it makes me happy when other people enjoy it:D

The real Henry

Practically Family
MaryDeluxe said:

Incredible!!!:eek: :eusa_clap

Regards,
Henrik

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Atomic Glee said:
Thanks! The "Men On Her Mind" poster is actually a blown-up postcard of the original poster - I scanned the postcard at about 1200 dpi and had it printed poster sized. Ditto the Mary Beth Hughes portrait in the bedroom - scanned from an old '40s magazine article and cleaned up in Photoshop.

Wow, that's amazing--it looks so good. You can usually tell when things have been enlarged but not with that one. I may have to try it myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe