Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Carlo

New in Town
Carlo,

Nice Coupe! You may not have room for a back seat but you have a HUGE trunk! You could probably stuff a few bodies in there and hit the drive in movie in Newburg. If you near there that is.

Mike

I've always been amazed at how big that trunk is.
I once carried my girlfriend's lttle brother and a friend of his around San Francisco in there. They'd jump out and play Chinese fire drill whenever we stopped for lights.

Ed Fora

New in Town
audrey1_zps60d01c61.jpg

1936 Auburn Speedster, built in 2004 by Speedster Motorcars. If only the weather allowed me to drive it every day.

Ed Fora

New in Town
Big Block Fords used to be the standard in Auburn replicas. What are they using now?

I believe it's a GM Vortec. It's pretty fast, insofar as one might want to drive it like a maniac, which I don't. An original ad for the Auburn Speedster bragged that it could do 100 mph; I've never tried that in this one.

Rathdown

Practically Family
http://www.speedstermotorcar.com still seems to be in biz . . . I haven't looked at that site in a while, but at a quick glance it looks like they are no longer selling fully assembled cars.
I believe a local friend has acquired all of their molds-- I know that within the last last two weeks he has made one or two removable hard tops for speedster owners-- I'll check and see if he has a website. Meanwhile, I'll pass along the emails of anyone interested in either a hard top or kit/assembled car.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
I believe it's a GM Vortec. It's pretty fast, insofar as one might want to drive it like a maniac, which I don't. An original ad for the Auburn Speedster bragged that it could do 100 mph; I've never tried that in this one.

I had that 299 CID Lycoming 8 in m Paige 8-85. It kept burning #1 and #8 exhaust valves until I installed a reproduction Auburn/Cord dual carb intake manifold, after which it was nearly trouble-free, save for incessant mixture adjustment with changes in weather. The twin carb rig certainly improved the acceleration of the car, but the fuel mileage was utterly dismal. I would believe that a light speedster fitted with this engine would easily pass the century mark, though I'm not certain how well it would stick to the road. I know that I was never comfortable taking the Paige much over eighty, and that only for short bursts. The machine seemed to be happiest at fifty, at which speed it was a joy to drive.

I had that 299 CID Lycoming 8 in m Paige 8-85. It kept burning #1 and #8 exhaust valves until I installed a reproduction Auburn/Cord dual carb intake manifold, after which it was nearly trouble-free, save for incessant mixture adjustment with changes in weather. The twin carb rig certainly improved the acceleration of the car, but the fuel mileage was utterly dismal. I would believe that a light speedster fitted with this engine would easily pass the century mark, though I'm not certain how well it would stick to the road. I know that I was never comfortable taking the Paige much over eighty, and that only for short bursts. The machine seemed to be happiest at fifty, at which speed it was a joy to drive.

Paige or Graham Paige? The Graham Paige would do it easily.
[video]http://www.cartype.com/pics/3029/full/graham_hollywood-supercharged-sedan_40.jpg[/video]

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
1927 Paige-Detroit, titled oddly enough as a 1928. Apple green and black two tone, with yellow stripe on the disc wheels. The machine had a four-speed gear box, fourth gear being overdrive. Whopping big seven passenger sedan, great for those collegiate road trips to Columbus, Granville, or Athens. I was eventualy discouraged by its poor fuel mileage, and traded it away for another Flivver. I believe my old machine is somewhere in Nebraska. At least it's survived and been restored.

Carlo

New in Town
I wish this was my car, but...

I just remembered this picture while I was looking on my photobucket account for some pictures to post in another thead.
It was taken in front of Tully's Restaurant in Oakland, Oregon (20 miles North of Roseburg on I-5).
It's a genuine Boattail Speedster that belongs to a local resident, and is driven regularly.

Sorry about the crappy picture, I was using a cheap pocket digital camera that had been absorbing sweat and rainwater in the pocket of my motorcycle jacket for far too long.
pict0008-1.jpg

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
audrey1_zps60d01c61.jpg

1936 Auburn Speedster, built in 2004 by Speedster Motorcars. If only the weather allowed me to drive it every day.

Goodness, that is bite-the-back-of-your-hand beautiful! If I had that here - there's a palm-lined beach road near my house to drive it on everyday. That is only after I pay the 200% import tax to get the car off the ship of course. Looks like I'll just have to stick with my motorcycle for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe