Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
Mach,...I was always curious how you all see out of the those cars? With that aircraft carrier deck lid and all. They are really neat and very nice looking cars. Would you care for me to test drive them for you to make sure they are safe for you and your family?

Mike

Sure, Mike. You bring the parts! NOS, of course. :D

1930artdeco

Practically Family
I know what you mean, Henry decided to change the fenders on my car for half of the production year. I found a pair of front fenders that will work after I dump about 1K of body work into them. Then I have to have them painted. What was he thinking. I figure those parts should be easy to find as the 71-73 Mustangs were not that popular. I have found a junk yard north of the Chevron refinery that looks very promising for old car parts. If you want I can pm you with directions.

Mike

I know what you mean, Henry decided to change the fenders on my car for half of the production year. I found a pair of front fenders that will work after I dump about 1K of body work into them. Then I have to have them painted. What was he thinking. I figure those parts should be easy to find as the 71-73 Mustangs were not that popular. I have found a junk yard north of the Chevron refinery that looks very promising for old car parts. If you want I can pm you with directions.

Mike

Which old car parts are in there?

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
My '72 after I washed, waxed, and cleaned the wheels and chrome up a tad.

u2ujezep.jpg

p51

One Too Many
I had a good time at the local 4th of July parade, went there with several other military vehicle owners, I think had about 2 dozen military rides of varying vintage. In the parade, we had them in order of the year they were built, from 1940 (a Ford GP) to the late 1990s (a modern 5-ton)...
MVsCentraliaBorst800x450_zps0df6acdb.jpg

CentraliaStaging800x450_zps00216fb9.jpg

NOTE: Yes, I'm wearing modern specs in this photo, this was when we were moving from the display site to the parade staging. During our display, I was wearing my WW2-issue GI glasses...
CentraliaSelfie712x800_zps4ad739fa.jpg

p51

One Too Many
Funny, everyone who's seen my 'selfie' in my 1944 MB has commented on Alex standing back there (he's outfitted for a glider rider from the 328th INF, by the way). He's a younger member of our group and a really good guy. I had him back there ready to yank my wheel chock while I was warming up the Jeep as it was sitting on a slope at the time.
He sort of looks ticked, doesn't he? Nothing could be further from the truth, I bet he was probably wondering what i was doing with the camera... [huh]

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Yep I know where that is, having been there at some point when I lived in Portland. And, I will be there again on Sat. headed to Puyallup for my car show.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe