Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Hey now, my 1930 Model A will run circles around a modern car.:p Hey it is 84 years old and I still can get her out on the freeway and keep up with the fastest Ferrari. Of course the Ferrari can't go any faster than me, until the road opens up. Then of course I am toast.

Mike

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

My old '65 Ford Custom 500 turned over to 290,000 miles the other day. My aunt Sara bought the car new in 1965, and when she passed away in 1983 the car was given to me (it had 40,000 miles on it at that time). I drove it as my "first out" vehicle from 1983 till 2007. For the past 7 years I've driven it as a "second car", but it still gets well used. At this rate, the old '65 Ford just might see half a million miles before it's all over.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
BigMan, that thing is awesome!!!!!!!!! The color of her is beautiful. I like how you kept her stock.

The old car really needs a paint job bad. The primer is showing through on the hood and the paint on the roof is all but gone. I've been working on restoring a '61 Chevy and as soon as that project is finished (and I can save up some extra $$), the Ford will be getting a new paint job.

The old car really needs a paint job bad. The primer is showing through on the hood and the paint on the roof is all but gone. I've been working on restoring a '61 Chevy and as soon as that project is finished (and I can save up some extra $$), the Ford will be getting a new paint job.

I like how you keep those vintage cars rolling. I know how much work it is to keep them that way. :p

In a friends driveway this past weekend, after a nice 50 mile jaunt.

2014-06-24 19.37.29_resized.jpg

1930artdeco

Practically Family
Mach,...I was always curious how you all see out of the those cars? With that aircraft carrier deck lid and all. They are really neat and very nice looking cars. Would you care for me to test drive them for you to make sure they are safe for you and your family?

Mike

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
:p
What would give you that idea?
The blue one is up for some drivetrain work. Now the trick is finding the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I knew two people (when I was a kid) that had this very model.
One had the blue and one had the white, both with a black louver cover on the rear window.
It looked much better on the white color though.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Hey now, my 1930 Model A will run circles around a modern car.:p Hey it is 84 years old and I still can get her out on the freeway and keep up with the fastest Ferrari. Of course the Ferrari can't go any faster than me, until the road opens up. Then of course I am toast. Mike

We were heading home from a show last Sunday. The traffic, although moving, was stop/start, stop/start. It's a problem for the old MG, not having a temperature fan for the radiator, it can easily overheat, thankfully we made it home ok. Later that evening my wife suggested that we might invest in one of those single car carriers that rescue companies use.

Told her it was a waste of money, the MG kept up with the traffic all the way home! And with today's traffic volumes, speed is never going to be an issue.

Hey now, my 1930 Model A will run circles around a modern car.

Of course it will, if your experience is anything like mine. Although I can get seventy out of the old dear, it's best suited to keeping it to fifty. On dual carriageways, it's not uncommon to have a line of cars behind us, each driver seems to take a turn at checking out the rear of our car, then they pull along side, giving a silly grin as they do, and finally, having checked out the front of the car, they roar off, with many giving a cheery wave.

At least I think that's what the centre finger stuck high in the air means!

Last edited:
Mach,...I was always curious how you all see out of the those cars? With that aircraft carrier deck lid and all. They are really neat and very nice looking cars. Would you care for me to test drive them for you to make sure they are safe for you and your family?

Mike

You see out fine if you use the side view mirrors. The rear window isn't that bad though. You can see a bit. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe