Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters
Probably different in the States but in the UK and parts of the Commonwealth BRG is a very sought after colour as it's traditional for British sporting marques since the 20s. Back home in NZ, if you are selling a MG, Jag, Healey, etc you can actually roughly add 10% to the price if it's BRG.

You get less money here if the car is green. :p
In fact, new car manufacturers here do not make a true dark green color an option on cars anymore. They sit on the lot forever and they learn from their mistakes. :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
You get less money here if the car is green. :p
In fact, new car manufacturers here do not make a true dark green color an option on cars anymore. They sit on the lot forever and they learn from their mistakes. :p

Thats not all bad, when I bought my Tacoma, the dealer had two in green, leftovers, I got a great deal. The money I saved can go into after market parts.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
My first car was a British-racing/forest green. One of my favorite colors.
:eusa_clap
I love them both Scotty.
Forest Green was the color I painted my Toyota.
It came off an anniversary Corvette I think, I don't know I got it out of a paint book. :D
James, the 70's was all about green, brown, yellow, and orange.
One of the first cars I remember as a kid, was our Nova.
Green with a white top, and dark green interior.
My brother had an orange 76 Camaro with white interior.
The neighbor 3 doors down had a Seville in yellow, while the next door neighbor had a Seville in green.
And the neighbor 4 doors down had a Crown Victoria...in brown.
70's. :peace:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
British Racing Green + tan leather interior = Classic. I've had three cars with that color scheme, all British made.

:eusa_clap
I love them both Scotty.
Forest Green was the color I painted my Toyota.
It came off an anniversary Corvette I think, I don't know I got it out of a paint book. :D
James, the 70's was all about green, brown, yellow, and orange.
One of the first cars I remember as a kid, was our Nova.
Green with a white top, and dark green interior.
My brother had an orange 76 Camaro with white interior.
The neighbor 3 doors down had a Seville in yellow, while the next door neighbor had a Seville in green.
And the neighbor 4 doors down had a Crown Victoria...in brown.
70's. :peace:

Yes and that is yet another reason why the 70s sucked. That is another color you rarely see on cars anymore brown. I mean I understand why but you just don't see it even on imports who don't know any better about colors. :p

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Got the old '48 Plymouth Special Deluxe out yesterday evening and gave it a good wash job and a shine. Ready to do some driving this weekend.

Big Man

Nice! I am guessing you got the problem with it fixed. :D

Well, that's a story in itself.

I'd asked several folks about what may have been causing the noise. I got a couple good suggestions as what to do to help narrow down the possible source of the trouble. So, I take the old car out for a run and wait for the noise to start. I drive a couple miles and no noise. I drive a couple more miles and still no noise. Hell, I drive about 25 miles and still no noise. Whatever it was must have "fixed itself" some way. No matter what I do now, I can't get the thing to make that noise again.

I guess that's a good thing, right?

Well, that's a story in itself.

I'd asked several folks about what may have been causing the noise. I got a couple good suggestions as what to do to help narrow down the possible source of the trouble. So, I take the old car out for a run and wait for the noise to start. I drive a couple miles and no noise. I drive a couple more miles and still no noise. Hell, I drive about 25 miles and still no noise. Whatever it was must have "fixed itself" some way. No matter what I do now, I can't get the thing to make that noise again.

I guess that's a good thing, right?

That would be good if it was me. :p

Big Man

With the old Plymouth running good now, I took her out for a little ride to Lake James State Park. It was a great day for a ride and a great place to just sit back and enjoy the view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe