Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
A REAL Bonneville requires you to kick it and go. :p

My dear sir, I quite disagree. While I would love to have a kick start, I push start her Isle of Mann TT style when I want to flex my muscles and show the superiority of my skill and manliness!

[video=youtube;OZJUo-tJKlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJUo-tJKlE[/video]

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Back from a Memorial Day road trip.

plodgememday.jpg

My dear sir, I quite disagree. While I would love to have a kick start, I push start her Isle of Mann TT style when I want to flex my muscles and show the superiority of my skill and manliness!

[video=youtube;OZJUo-tJKlE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZJUo-tJKlE[/video]

Push it and pop the clutch in gear. Sounds good to me. Better than that lazy push button thing. :p

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Cool car Lizzie, is that a gas ration letter on the windshield?

That is indeed, revision of October 1942. Above it is a Maine State Inspection sticker for Spring 1943.

The two stickers below the ration sticker are Federal Auto Use Tax stamps, the bottom one expiring June 30, 1943 and the top one expiring June 30, 1944. Every car owner had to pay a $5 annual Federal tax in order to operate that motor vehicle on any public way -- a war tax that continued until 1946. These stamps had to be plainly visible on the windshield of the car, with engine number and other information filled in on the back.

You can't really see it in the pic, but in the top corner of that windshield pane there's a Maine 1943 registration sticker, validating the use of 1942 license plates for the following year. I'd like to have an actual 1942 plate on the car to go with it, but we're only allowed to use year-of-manufacture plates here.

Vintage lover

A-List Customer
Wow Lizzie, that is really impressive. I didn't know there were so many stickers and stamps required on cars back then. I enjoyed the lesson. It is inspiring to see somebody who owns a car like yours pay so much attention to the details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe