Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vehicles

What general era was your vehichle made:

• 30s or earlier

Votes: 38 15.8%
  • 40s

Votes: 26 10.8%
  • 50s

Votes: 39 16.2%
  • 60s

Votes: 52 21.6%
  • 70s-90s

Votes: 64 26.6%
  • New with classic features

Votes: 47 19.5%

• Total voters

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
First off, I don't drive that much these days. I primarily walk, cycle (bicycle or scooter) or skate. Weeks can pass without me as much as looking at my car. My kids came to stay with me for a week over New Years and they used the car every day.

Fast forward to last weekend. I'm driving in the neighborhood and while stopped at a light one of my neighbors, a hip hop rapper, walks by and yells,"You Pimp; You Pimp, Man!" Now, this guy has commented upon my hats and clothes numerous times in the past with, "You Da Man!" or "That's Class!" but this is the first time he's used the word Pimp. I guess he could tell that I was a bit confused so he pointed at the car and said, "Your rims, Man. They're Pimp." I smiled, the light changed and I drove home. When I got out of the car I took a look at the wheels and was shocked to see a new set of rims.:eeek:

I knew immediately whose handy work it was. My kids had pimped my ride.:eusa_doh: Turns out all sorts of family and friends knew about the sneaky switch and were waiting for me to notice.

Anyway, I kinda like them.:)

image.jpg

Last edited:
First off, I don't drive that much these days. I primarily walk, cycle (bicycle or scooter) or skate. Weeks can pass without me as much as looking at my car. My kids came to stay with me for a week over New Years and they used the car every day.

Fast forward to last weekend. I'm driving in the neighborhood and while stopped at a light one of my neighbors, a hip hop rapper, walks by and yells,"You Pimp; You Pimp, Man!" Now, this guy has commented upon my hats and clothes numerous times in the past with, "You Da Man!" or "That's Class!" but this is the first time he's used the word Pimp. I guess he could tell that I was a bit confused so he pointed at the car and said, "Your rims, Man. They're Pimp." I smiled, the light changed and I drove home. When I got out of the car I took a look at the wheels and was shocked to see a new set of rims.:eeek:

I knew immediately whose handy work it was. My kids had pimped my ride.:eusa_doh: Turns out all sorts of family and friends knew about the sneaky switch and were waiting for me to notice.

View attachment 12631

I would want to kill them if it was me but all of my cars are classics with original rims. My sons would know better. :p

That would mean I let her drive it! I'll let her stick to the Bonneville. Once she actually LEARNS to drive, maybe I'll let her behind the wheel of the brougham :p

^ Nice pic, Tom. Where is her chauffeur's cap? :D

Physically, no, mechanically, yes. Big block, 3/4 ton frame, 1 ton suspension, 4.10 gears, 5 speed Allison. It's a monster.

:rofl: Truth is good in a relationship. :p Your truck isn't old enough to be a real metal monster. :p

Could have been worse, they could have left it up on blocks :p

View attachment 12631

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Yup she hit a deer.

Oh, yes. Luckily, I found a new hood, fender, and headlight/cornering lamp assembly.

The hood and fender are at the body shop and will be painted and ready tomorrow.

I've got this one James....

YOU'RE GOING TO FIX A BONNEVILLE??????:eusa_doh:
Hunting deer with a car.....

Don't you have a car dealer's license?
Get her something newer.
Nothing says love like a Z-71 Tahoe. The 2004 model is nice.
At least it will take a deer better than a Bonneville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe