Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Those are some really nice ones Roger. Great start to a collection!
And I'll second Annixter - guys back then wore their pants much higher than these days.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club Roger. It looks like you have the year spectrum there, possibly from the 30s through the 50s--the polka-dot tie looking like a possible 30s piece from its shape and size. I particularly like the green meanie one. The tie lengths were shorter due to the popularity of waistcoats and high-waisted trousers, so I've been told.

Thanks for the welcome, information and compliments guys! I caught a new fever to go with my hats :D

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
the design kind of reminds me of a slice of pie, but not quite...
001-8.jpg

I was going to say it looks like a waffle covered with sauce. Let's call it the 'saucy waffle'.

ube4eby5.jpg

Here's a detail of some of the skinny (all 2" to 2 1/2" ) ties that I have hung onto for years but never wear anyore.
I know the skinny ones don't get much love around here, but all of these are still more interesting than most modern ties.

ube4eby5.jpg

Here's a detail of some of the skinny (all 2" to 2 1/2" ) ties that I have hung onto for years but never wear anyore.
I know the skinny ones don't get much love around here, but all of these are still more interesting than most modern ties.

Saying they are more interesting than modern ties insults them. Even thin ties had style back then---more than boring reps and stripes. :p

Well, unfortunately there was no shortage of boring stripes back then too. There's never been a shortage of folks who don't like to stand out from the crowd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe