Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Today's tie in the field: 52" 3-3/4" London Cravat, w/Hanover Clothing Company tag (maybe early 50's??).

londonstripe1.jpg

londonstripe2.jpg

londonstripe3.jpg

Last edited:
Both very nice. Good patriotic color themes.

I didn't say I didn't want them, I said I rarely wear them. I don't wear a tie in my profession, and about the only time I do these days is in church, but since I'm apt as not to have a slobbering baby girl in my lap I tend to forego the irreplaceable old ones. It's a temporary setback, I'm trying to enjoy it while I can.

I always invent a reason to wear a tie. :p I even have some that go with Hawaiian shirts. :p

I always invent a reason to wear a tie. :p

I was pretty good at that too, before all the spit-up and sticky fingers came into play. So you and Annixter just drive on down.;)
Nice one Tommy. Very 50s looking.
badaryhy.jpg

Here's one that looks like bamboo JP. I used to wear it out for tiki drinks back when the local Chinese restaraunt still served 'em up.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have just started to collect vintage ties and this is what I have collected so far. Unfortunately most of the tags on these are missing. Lenghwise they all stop anywhere from 2-4 inches above the belt. I am assuming this is due to the height of the waists on the pants of the day.

Annixter

Practically Family
I have just started to collect vintage ties and this is what I have collected so far. Unfortunately most of the tags on these are missing. Lenghwise they all stop anywhere from 2-4 inches above the belt. I am assuming this is due to the height of the waists on the pants of the day.

Welcome to the club Roger. It looks like you have the year spectrum there, possibly from the 30s through the 50s--the polka-dot tie looking like a possible 30s piece from its shape and size. I particularly like the green meanie one. The tie lengths were shorter due to the popularity of waistcoats and high-waisted trousers, so I've been told.

Those are some really nice ones Roger. Great start to a collection!
And I'll second Annixter - guys back then wore their pants much higher than these days.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

DamianM

Vendor

I like your polka dot tie. Could it be possible for some more detailed shots?

DamianM

Vendor

I like your polka dot tie. Could it be possible for some more detailed shots?

Tommy

One of the Regulars

I think the end one on the right is likely 1920's.

Tommy

One of the Regulars
Todays tie in the field: 4" wide "B" brand Brocade. any ideas on what B stands for?

the design kind of reminds me of a slice of pie, but not quite...

001-8.jpg

002-8.jpg

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DamianM, see if these help. I tried to take some with a real camera but my computer was fighting me and I couldn't upload for some reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe