Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Wild Root

Gone Home
Or, just keep your coat buttoned!;) It is a nice pattern, never seen such a unique pattern of polka dots before... the one I really like of your is the one on the far left! That tie is the berries!

=WR=

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Absinthe_1900 said:
I inherited a big box of ties from my Grandfather.
A few blue ties, the one on the right is really short.
blue.jpg

I have a bunch more.
I really like the one in the middle. It looks like something I saw in "2001 A Space Odyssey!" Very neat...rather like an Iris!

Feraud

Bartender
Wild Root said:
Or, just keep your coat buttoned!;) It is a nice pattern, never seen such a unique pattern of polka dots before... the one I really like of your is the one on the far left! That tie is the berries!

=WR=
A buttoned jacket is definitely an option for the "star" tie! :)
The brown tie on the left is my favorite. There is something about the pattern that appeals to me.
I just secured a thorough list of NYC thrift stores. My end of Summer project is to scour the island of Manhattan for some nice ties and such.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Sefton said:
I really like the one in the middle. It looks like something I saw in "2001 A Space Odyssey!" Very neat...rather like an Iris!

(Dave) Open the Pod bay doors Hal!
(Hal) Sorry, I can not do that Dave...

hahahahaha Totally brother! I see what you mean! lol

It is a cool tie!

=WR=

Hemingway Jones said:
Thank you, Mr. Powers, and Daisy will be happy to hear that because she bought it for me. She surprised me with it from one of her vintage shopping sprees.

I'll bring it to QM. If I don't wear it, I'll lend it to the Monkey!:eek: :D

Ah, Daisy has very good taste. :eusa_clap

Don't put it on the monkey! Put the green one on the monkey. :p ;)

Regards,

J

Barry

Practically Family
I just ordered these two bowties. I've recently been getting into bowties but I tend to go for the slims (batwing). I thought the first tie would be a nice match for a brown Hollywood jacket.

3096.jpg

3098.jpg

Barry

Wild Root

Gone Home
Barry said:
I just ordered these two bowties. I've recently been getting into bowties but I tend to go for the slims (batwing). I thought the first tie would be a nice match for a brown Hollywood jacket.

3096.jpg

3098.jpg

Barry
:eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW!!! My jaw will be on the floor for the next 2 hours... I can't believe those ties... those bowties are amazing!!!

Amazing!

=WR=

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Bump, bump, BUMP!!!

Here are some more 1930s and '40s ties of mine. Because it's always time to "tie one on"!

Late 1920s or early 1930s brocades. Dig the groovy op art on the green one at right. Way ahead of its time:

weightedsilk001.jpg

1940s brocade ties:

weightedsilk004.jpg

The silk crepe tie at left was made in France. It's handpainted and dates to the early 1950s. The rayon tie at right was made in California of Hawaiian shirt fabric. It's from the early 1940s:

weightedsilk005.jpg

Woven wool ties -- folks either love 'em or hate 'em. (Does a picnic tablecloth come to mind?) Most were hand-loomed by Southwestern Native American tribes. These examples are from the 1930s and '40s:

weightedsilk007.jpg

weightedsilk008.jpg

weightedsilk009.jpg

That's all for now. Thanks for looking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally