Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
just got this, my first Australian tie, made by 'Austico' (Australian Tie Company... get it ?)
the salt and pepper type woven areas look very similar to some 'Sugar and Spice' weaves.

il_fullxfull.jpg

il_fullxfull-1.jpg

(seller's photos)

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Looks good to me. American early 50s? Of course it is a strong contrast to the otherwise grey outfit. You could try to find a fitting pocket square...maybe with the blue instead of the orange. Your sportscoat looks nice too (cool patch pockets) but the sleeves are too long. Spend ten bucks and it will be alright. Aliteration tailors are not hard to find.

Giftmacher

One Too Many
Thanks for suggestion! I found some retired tailor here, still occasionally doing his job so there's really no problem with that. I will take a look on etsy yet.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I would like some advice. Would a 3 inch wide tie be considered conservative enough for the workplace nowadays? I don't have a job right now, but I'm going to be ordering a custom-made, plain midnight blue grenadine tie by Sam Hober in that width; 3 inches wide, and then maybe 54 or 55 inches in length. I normally wear my slacks either at the naval, or an inch below. First and foremost, I'm basically having the tie made because of the style and a width I think would look good on me without being too narrow as to stand out more, the job-appropriate factor is an afterthought.

I would like a tie that is two or three inches shorter than a lot of modern ties are, I think ties that anyone could buy at the store today are too long. I almost never wear ties below the belt, normally the blade rests on top of it where the shirt ends and the pants begin.

I'm going to make arrangements to order it soon so that I'll have it shortly after university starts again. Thanks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe