Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Most of the collection. There's one accidental double inclusion in there, and I still have a stack to go, but there's the majority.
ties-1.jpg

tiestwo.jpg

tiesthree.jpg

tiesfour.jpg

tiesfive.jpg

Last edited:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
After several years of not wearing a tie to work, last year I was inspired by a coworker who always wears one every day (except when the thermometer hovers near 95 as it has lately). So I've resumed the habit.
After checking my vintage tie collection, I realized that a good number of them were a little past the point of regular wearability, so I went on a tie buying campaign on Ebay. I have found that the vintage clothing stores here in New York show no mercy when it comes to prices, and the Salvation Army and other thrift stores have gotten wise to vintage, and don't carry real vintage at all any more.
I think there's one I paid $25 for, but tried to make a cut off of about $20 for all purchases. Some were as low as $7, and the average was about $15 I'd say. It's a long time since I've gotten a good vintage tie for $1 or $2 or $3. Anyhow, here they are, grouped in sort of half assed order:

This is a little fuzzy. They're rayon crocheted ties.

PICT0767.jpg

and one label:
PICT0768.jpg

Three early wool ones:
PICT0769.jpg

and a couple of their labels:
PICT0770.jpg

I found two Palm Beach ties, by Beau Brummel. One presumably 40s, and the striped one from the 50s. I really like the red and yellow one:
PICT0771.jpg

Labels:
PICT0772.jpg

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good collection. A nice mix of bold /flashy ties and some calm ones. Seems to fit every occasion. I really like the Palm beach ties.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Very nice. I guess they're actually knit, not crocheted.
Yeah, that's what I was going for, a good usable diverse slection. But I could easily go nuts collecting gorgeous designs that blow my mind.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Tootal 'Standard Quality' (1930s/1940s):
IMG_2471.jpg

Tootal 'Red Quality' (1950s). this is all cotton rather than the more usual rayon or rayon/cotton mix:
IMG_2468.jpg

Tootal 'Black Quality' (1950s):
IMG_2447.jpg

made by Grenville for 'Meakers of Piccadilly':
IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

Sled Dog

Familiar Face
made by Grenville for 'Meakers of Piccadilly'

Here is another Grenville tie...this one is interesting because it is a "Four-way" tie, both ends are the same size, but there are 4 different patterns, so you get four ties in one
4way1.jpg

4way2.jpg

4way3.jpg

4way5.jpg

4way4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe