Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Really solid geometric-patterned tie from Regal Cravats, sold by Burch Willis, Pontiac, Illinois. Feels like rayon.

CCF03232010_00003.jpg

cptjeff

Practically Family
Widebrim said:
^^I don't know; it kind of looks like the "artist" intended on it being a little off-kilter, design-wise. Either that, or s/he had an unsteady hand due to too much coffee...
Either way, a Dali it ain't.

Feraud

Bartender
Widebrim said:
If you wish, I'll start collecting photos and data, Feraud, and I'm sure that you, James Powers, Marc Chevalier, Baron Kurtz, John in Covina, Quigley Brown and others can greatly add to it all. I'll contact you later by PM about the logistics.

I may have some interesting text to contribute to this project.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
What's going on here?...

I go away for a week, and you guys let this thread go dormant?:eusa_doh: Okay, here's an unusual one...It's labeled "The Classic by Park Lane," made of "IMPORTED FABRIC" (feels like rayon and/or acetate), and inside the front blade it is printed "Special Feature."

CCF00432010_00000.jpg

Those are obviously two tubes at the bottom of the blade, but I can't tell if that rectangle is supposed to be a picture tube. The unusual part, though, is what are either radio or (I believe) television stations listed in the diagonal slash. If you look closely below, you can make out call letters like WOR, WJZ, WMCA, WNBC, WCBS, WATV, WQXZ(?), all of which would indicate the NYC area.

CCF00432010_00000-1.jpg

Feraud

Bartender

Feraud said:
I recently bought a group of ties that arrived with wrinkes and a couple of bad folds. An iron set to steam with a layer of material between the tie and iron did the job.

I know what you mean. I just got in a lot of 109. The fool ran them through the washing machine---the wrong way. It ruined about 10-20 of them.
The rest have several bad folds and need sewing. The wife has quite a job ahead of her. ;) :p
You have several nice ones in those photos. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
I know what you mean. I just got in a lot of 109. The fool ran them through the washing machine---the wrong way. It ruined about 10-20 of them.
The rest have several bad folds and need sewing. The wife has quite a job ahead of her. ;) :p
You have several nice ones in those photos. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

So you did you get that lot! Too bad the former "owner" did such a foolhardy act.:eusa_doh: Post them when the restoration process is finished.

Widebrim said:
So you did you get that lot! Too bad the former "owner" did such a foolhardy act.:eusa_doh: Post them when the restoration process is finished.

I'll do better than that. Most will be up for grabs at the QM event tie seminar---albeit restore them yourself. ;) :p
I got the lot after we went round and round about the price. In the end, the fool got exactly what I offered in the first place after he relisted the lot.lol lol lol lol lol
They were quite a mess when I first got them:
!BpZ5HogBmk~$(KGrHqYH-DIEug86SOnTBLrPe+D,+Q~~_35.JPG

Feraud

Bartender
jamespowers said:
A few. One---or I swhould say two are interesting in the case that they are double layered. The top layer has polka dots on it and floats freely over the other background layer. I'll get some pictures when they look decent. ;) :p
I would love to see it. Sounds like an interesting effect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82