Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Big_e

Practically Family
Thanks for the info, everybody! Now see, I learn something everyday. Now I now what a guayabera shirt is. I've always seen them but never knew what they were called.
Ernest

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
and now back to ties........

cigar1002.jpg
[/IMG]

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Here's a batch of ties I picked up online for about $4 per. They're all wearable, though none of like new (I'm sure the postal service did them no favors in shipping, so they'll perk up a bit, I think, with some TLC).

I have lots of flashy '40s ties, and I'm trying to add to my selection of ties with more sedate patterns, and I think some of these fit the bill.

I think these are mostly 1930s and '40s, but I'm happy to be corrected by the experts.

0316tie10.jpg
0316tie1.jpg
0316tie2.jpg
0316tie3.jpg
0316tie4.jpg
0316tie5.jpg
0316tie6.jpg
0316tie7.jpg
0316tie8.jpg
0316tie9.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
skyvue said:
Here's a batch of ties I picked up online for about $4 per. They're all wearable, though none of like new (I'm sure the postal service did them no favors in shipping, so they'll perk up a bit, I think, with some TLC).

I have lots of flashy '40s ties, and I'm trying to add to my selection of ties with more sedate patterns, and I think some of these fit the bill.

I think these are mostly 1930s and '40s, but I'm happy to be corrected by the experts.

'30s and '40s it is. Good finds!

Foofoogal

Banned
I love ties almost as much as I love cufflink sets.
Swell neckties and I am glad you all are preserving them before they are all used as crafts. lol

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Foofoogal said:
I love ties almost as much as I love cufflink sets.
Swell neckties and I am glad you all are preserving them before they are all used as crafts. lol

I got the worst news yesterday from my mom. An elderly gentlemen I met at my mom's church while I was visiting Iowa recently told me he had many old ties from his days as a business man (I can confirm they were vintage from his daughter). Well, my mom told me that his family decided to make them in to a quilt as a memory of him. Oh well, I tried.......

Quigley Brown said:
I got the worst news yesterday from my mom. An elderly gentlemen I met at my mom's church while I was visiting Iowa recently told me he had many old ties from his days as a business man (I can confirm they were vintage from his daughter). Well, my mom told me that his family decided to make them into a quilt as a memory of him. Oh well, I tried.......

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eusa_doh: Hopefully, they will realize how much work a quilt is and decide otherwise. ;) :D

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:
I got the worst news yesterday from my mom. An elderly gentlemen I met at my mom's church while I was visiting Iowa recently told me he had many old ties from his days as a business man (I can confirm they were vintage from his daughter). Well, my mom told me that his family decided to make them in to a quilt as a memory of him. Oh well, I tried.......

:( :( :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82