Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Feraud said:
Ah, glad to read I am in good company with the matching set. Some people consider it a big style no-no but if a man wears his clothes with confidence there is very little he cannot pull off with style!

I know they had 'em back in the day but based on my associations I will always think of Benny Hill! :)

You are not the only one who thinks of Benny Hill when someone mentions matching shirts and ties. lol lol
Matching sets really are not a problem. They had them back in the day as well. My set was previously my fathers so I know it has to have been around a little while. :D

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Picked this up this kind of rare design about 5 months ago, in great condition. The colors are pretty much how the scan shows them; no fading that I can see. Produced by the Manhattan Shirt Company, c.1953, I would say. (Sorry that the scan is not bigger; Photobucket doesn't seem to offer that option.)

th_CCF05302009_00002-1.jpg

Feraud

Bartender
jamespowers said:
You are not the only one who thinks of Benny Hill when someone mentions matching shirts and ties. lol lol
Matching sets really are not a problem. They had them back in the day as well. My set was previously my fathers so I know it has to have been around a little while. :D
I reference Benny Hill in the best sense of the name! :)
Have you posted the matching shirt and tie? I would love to see it. We see so few of these sets.

I purchased two matching tie and pocket square sets. They were made for a child and are short but would work with a vest or closed jacket. Both sets are made in the same pattern but with a different background color.

Widebrim - check the Photobucket picture size before you upload the pics to your account. This may help with the picture size.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Two excellent ties Widebrim!!

Thanks, Feraud. I'll post some more soon, although I'll have to limit myself to 30s-40s (since Veronica Parra stipulated that we should stay within that time frame). Even though I love Bold Look ties, my earliest memories are of my father wearing his late-50s/early-60s narrow cravats, and I have some excellent minimalist design examples from that period.

Feraud

Bartender
Here are three more for your viewing pleasure.
IMG_08601.jpg

Since Veronica Parra hasn't posted in two years I say we add whatever we want to this thread! ;)

I doubt anyone would object to adding 50s/60s era ties. There are great examples out there and they should be shown.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Here are three more for your viewing pleasure.
IMG_08601.jpg

Since Veronica Parra hasn't posted in two years I say we add whatever we want to this thread! ;)

I doubt anyone would object to adding 50s/60s era ties. There are great examples out there and they should be shown.

I especially like the first two, Feraud. Are they considered to be Palm Beach examples? Regarding eras, I'm glad you feel that way! I have many 50s-early 60s ties I would like to show...

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Widebrim said:
Nice...I especially like the designs on the first, maroon tie, and the fourth, blue one.

Thanks, the two on the right are oldies, the middle is '30s I'd say (rather narrow though).

The red one second from the left is one of the widest vintage ties I've seen, 4 1/2" at its widest point! It's almost comical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe