Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Picked up these two 40s/50s ties in Dallas today.

This Countess Mara "medieval sport" themed tie...
IMGP2180.jpg

...and this A. Sulka & Company silk tie.
IMGP2165.jpg

They aren't my usual style of ties, but they're much higher quality than any of my other vintage ties.

Also got this oriental brocade tie from Hong Kong in the mail a few days ago as a belated Chirstmas present. I don't know how old it is, but it was made by the "Sai Fat Co." and is only partially lined. It's 55 inches long and 3 inches wide.
IMGP2181.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 8185

View attachment 8186

They aren't my usual style of ties, but they're much higher quality than any of my other vintage ties.

Also got this oriental brocade tie from Hong Kong in the mail a few days ago as a belated Chirstmas present. I don't know how old it is, but it was made by the "Sai Fat Co." and is only partially lined. It's 55 inches long and 3 inches wide.
View attachment 8187

If those aren't your style then you need to think about a change Those are great! :p

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
If those aren't your style then you need to think about a change Those are great! :p

Don't get me wrong, I love these ties. I just wouldn't have been so quick to pick these designs over others if they weren't the high-end ties that they are, especially the Sulka, as pink isn't really my color.

I suppose when I said that they weren't my style, I didn't take all the other styles into account. Compared to the bulk of my vintage ties, these are slightly less vibrant, but they do fit into the same general style of tie.

Last edited:

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 8185

View attachment 8186

View attachment 8187

Very nice, especially the Countess Mara. The Oriental brocade tie is likely mid-'50s.

CONELRAD

One of the Regulars
Very nice, especially the Countess Mara. The Oriental brocade tie is likely mid-'50s.

That one's my favorite, too. I'm not usually a big fan of the Countess Mara designs, but I like this one. Plus it goes with my own initials.

And that was more or less what I had guessed about the Oriental tie, but I wasn't sure because of its foreign maker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe