Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Annixter

Practically Family
A lot of great ties have been posted since I ducked out on holiday. The New Year started out great for me. My fiance surprised me with quite possibly the best Christmas gift I've ever received:

It's untitled. It had a stain on the front, but I was able to launder it out. I suppose one knows he's an avid vintage necktie fiend when his fiance has learned to judge which stains are probably removable and which aren't just by stopping in at all the thrift stores with him.:p Supposedly, she got it for a great price due to the stain. My first Dali, and I'm now stuck wondering if I wear it or frame it.:p

A lot of great ties have been posted since I ducked out on holiday. The New Year started out great for me. My fiance surprised me with quite possibly the best Christmas gift I've ever received:

It's untitled. It had a stain on the front, but I was able to launder it out. I suppose one knows he's an avid vintage necktie fiend when his fiance has learned to judge which stains are probably removable and which aren't just by stopping in at all the thrift stores with him.:p Supposedly, she got it for a great price due to the stain. My first Dali, and I'm now stuck wondering if I wear it or frame it.:p

Wear it! Wear it! I would! :p

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab

Congrats! It has very nice colors and a clean design. Unlike mine which are too confusing to figure out.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
This was made in England for a shop in Nairobi, Kenya (probably 1930s/1940s):

kenya-1_zpsf907fbc9.jpg

kenya-2_zpse34c2bde.jpg

Nice one. Typically "Empire", kill their industry and force them to buy from our companies. Same stuff as created for the Army Navy Stores in Indian "Paisley" patterns, woven and dyed in Manchester solely for the Indian market, while banning Indians from producing competing products.

Wasn't the Golden Era great!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe