Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
A find someone I know here would love.....
$_57.JPG

Who?

JP I'm not a bow tie kinda guy, but I see a couple in that stash I'd be tempted to wear. The maroon one with leaves is really cool.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I very rarely see ties in this thread that I could even remotely love, so it's certainly not me!

If those were regular bowties, though, I could see myself wearing one or two of them. I like wearing a proper bowtie. There's a strong sense of satisfaction in being able to tie it yourself.

A find someone I know here would love.....
$_57.JPG

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, here you have what is hard to find: two hand-painteds with basically the same pattern (but in different colors). The one on the right I have had for a few months, the other was a recent gift from fellow Lounger Annixter, and both are Brents. You can see easily see where the painter's(s') style comes out a bit on the two, as regards the motif.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^Yeah, it does look pretty cool.

Here are some recent acquisitions:

On the left is a beautiful hand-painted featuring a cardinal (?); no labels. Middle one I first thought was '40s, but based on several factors (including the old Towncraft label, visible to left of the tie), it's probably late-'30s. Last one is likely late-'40s; paint and coralite, no labels.

Last edited:
Nice finds. The mystery bird is my favorite of the lot. I have seen one like that before, but it was definately a bluejay. The beauty of hand-painted I suppose.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe