Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
I have a collection of square-enders....

tansquareend.jpg
[/IMG]

That's a nifty one, color-wise and design. Pink and red go well together with the blue and yellow motif.

Annixter

Practically Family
^ The paratroopers tie is quite amazing. I wonder if such ties were sold as non-profit ways to support the war/post-war effort or as pieces of memorable pride. Interesting indeed.

Paul Roerich

"A List" Customer
^ The paratroopers tie is quite amazing. I wonder if such ties were sold as non-profit ways to support the war/post-war effort or as pieces of memorable pride.

There isn't any special label on it. Nothing indicating that it was a war effort or special edition design. Just the standard Arrow label of the time.

Last edited:

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Nice lot, jamespowers. If I had to pick out which were the modern ones, I'd say second from left and second from right, and maybe third from right as well. But that's just going by design.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Here's 3 'new' ones I got yesterday, not as showy as some but I like them, two Terylene and one wool?
nq747s.jpg
2a5yah0.jpg

2vrtxk2.jpg
2r45qvr.jpg

211pduq.jpg

I love the old labels as much as anything, I know Terylene/polyester ain't everyones cup of tea but these do have a quality well made feel to them, you can see the weave and not just printed.I really like the brown wool ? one and no I have no idea why!

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
does anyone know the makers?
Here's acouple more pics;
svmcft.jpg

pattern detail;
14dmr9y.jpg

I thought the square patterened one was a bit grubby( I did wash them all) but then I noticed the join, there are two slightly differing colours of material!
2b5dz9.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I know a lot of people don't like those trevira ties. I don't have a problem with them: simply wear them with the right outfit. I have quite a few of them. A late fifties, or 1960s old mans suits, look perfect with ties like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe