Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

Gee, yesterday I ended up getting my 125+ tie lot.
Well they were definitely worth it as there were enough 30s and 40s ties in there to keep me from screaming. :p I wore one 30s brown embroidered tie today and my son wore the only bowtie I got with the lot.
Oh and I got a Sugar and Spice tie in the lot too. :D
However, there are twenty ties that could easily win the ugliest tie contest---hands down. Stuff so ugly that I hesitate to post them here. I'll have to post them in the Ugly Tie Contest thread. Needless to say, they are all from the 1970s. :rolleyes:

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Got these today at an out-of-town Goodwill. :D

DSCN1808-1.jpg

DSCN1812.jpg

DSCN1813.jpg

Isn't this one a gas!?
DSCN1809.jpg

DSCN1810.jpg

DSCN1811.jpg

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Gee, yesterday I ended up getting my 125+ tie lot.
Well they were definitely worth it as there were enough 30s and 40s ties in there to keep me from screaming. :p I wore one 30s brown embroidered tie today and my son wore the only bowtie I got with the lot.
Oh and I got a Sugar and Spice tie in the lot too. :D
However, there are twenty ties that could easily win the ugliest tie contest---hands down. Stuff so ugly that I hesitate to post them here. I'll have to post them in the Ugly Tie Contest thread. Needless to say, they are all from the 1970s. :rolleyes:

I want to see the Sugar and Spice one, JP.

Annixter

Practically Family
That last Haband is great!

My mother and stepfather surprised me with two gifts they picked up at a local flea market. I love the tie and organizer. The tie is made by Pluffs (I think it's an "s") of New Hampshire. The organizer shows signs of loving use, which is nice to see. Supposedly, the tie and organizer belonged to the seller's uncle who lived in N.H. She was apposed to selling the organizer, but after hearing that I sport and support the vintage look, she eventually gave in. My mother says she has some spectacular ties, and the seller wrote her contact information down for me, so I'll be taking a look at her collection soon.

100_1365.jpg

100_1366.jpg

100_1371.jpg

Hexenmeister

One of the Regulars
Blue Chambray Batwing Bow Tie from The Cordial Churchman

I just received the new bow tie I ordered from Ellie, at The Cordial Churchman. She hand makes them to order and I got mine in about a week.

I wanted a somewhat more casual bow tie than the black butterfly tie I bought recently, so I opted for the blue chambray batwing. I am very pleased with the tie and the quality feels excellent, to my fingers. I'll certainly be ordering from Ellie again in the future. ^_^

DSC00355-2.jpg

DSC00356-2.jpg

Doc Average

One of the Regulars
sproily said:
It must have been used with detachable collars.. They are notoriously hard to tie ties to

That's what I thought. Looks just like a collar stud. Does it come apart? It looks like the back part detaches from the front, which would've made it easier to use. *Whoops - just noticed that the OP says it doesn't come apart* Sorry!

Nice design by the way - and at least it isn't a clip on! ;)

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I recently came across the story of 'razzle dazzle' paint schemes on WWI ships. Colorful, modernistic shapes and patterns that were designed to confuse the German U-Boats at that time. I dug a few ties out with similar patterns (although these are way post-WWI).

razzle100.jpg
[/IMG]

Baron Kurtz said:
Here's a strange little beast I picked up a while ago. It's pre-tied. I think it's supposed to attatch through a buttonhole at the front of a collar. The button on this is quite big, and the thing doesn't come apart at all, so it must have been one hell of a buttonhole!

SeaHorseTie1.jpg

SeaHorseTie2.jpg

bk

Hmmmmm. I think you actually have a Tech tie there from the early teens or so. I never thought I would actually see one in decent condition but I think you have one there. :eusa_clap
Does the knot look like a four in hand? The bottom looks square from the pictures. That would all fit. Pretied neckties were popular since the inception of the modern necktie as there were at least a hundred possible knots developed and some felt overwhelmed by the choices and their abilities. ;) I am guessing you knew about most of that though. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken