Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your TIES

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
This one came in the mail today: :)

DSCN1702.jpg

DSCN1703.jpg

Here are two you guys haven't seen from me before. The one on the right i'm wearing today, with a blue silk shirt, and is one of the Thunderw21 lot. "Wilson Brothers Duratwill Wrinkle Resistant". But the one on the right has to be one of my favourites. It's British, very lightweight wool, came from a charity shop for 25p, and features a repeated Polo player print. See there's a little ball in between the front legs of each horse that the rider is going to hit with his mallet. Wonderful.

TwoYellowTies.jpg

bk

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
I get the feeling there is not much love around here ( I could be wrong..) for solid colored ties but I love 'em.
The Wilson Bros. Duratwill is nice!

Yeah, that yellow one is nice.

I can't remember if it was wrinkled or creased (most in the group were), but it sure turned out nice.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Quigley Brown said:
A Goodwill find today...
The front design seems very mid-50s, but the label and construction definitely say it's quite a bit older than that...

greentie.jpg
[/IMG]

tielabel.jpg
[/IMG]

QB, although the construction looks older than '50s, the fact that the tie is made of Dacron Polyester pegs it for that decade. Dacron was invented in 1950, and I believe that it was first used for ties in 1954.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Has anyone purchased the Fedora Lounge exclusive from Magnoli Clothiers?
I saw it and was quite taken by it. I'm talking about the striped version.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Widebrim said:
QB, although the construction looks older than '50s, the fact that the tie is made of Dacron Polyester pegs it for that decade. Dacron was invented in 1950, and I believe that it was first used for ties in 1954.

Thanks for correcting me on that. I should have stayed with my hunch with the design. :eusa_doh:

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
I get the feeling there is not much love around here ( I could be wrong..) for solid colored ties but I love 'em.
The Wilson Bros. Duratwill is nice!

I for my part wear excusively solid colored ties. I'm not much of a pattern guy for some reason, I'm a solid guy...or so... :p
Problem is that those solid colored ties seem to be hard to find, especially those from the 30's/40's, and to top it off it's almost impossible to find them here in Germany. Ties just burn so well... :rolleyes:

Anyway! I just posted a WTB in the classifieds section... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken